2000 list new version feed/help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 list new version feed/help

Ok, I recently posted a WE list in the forum and here is some (a lot) of changes I made,
    both the composition and tactic behind it...

Treeman ancient, 2 murder spites, 1 lemantation of despair (or a cluster of radiance, havent decided yet).

BSB, asyendis bane, hail of doom arrow, light armour, steed.

Spellsinger, 2 scrolls, steed.

10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.

8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.

6 G rider, musician, standard, banner of zenith.

3 hawks.

treeman.

Well the general tactic is to have a battle-line made up by GG, between the GG units are the treeman backed by BSB. behind each GG unit is a unit of dryads. hawks and riders slow down the heaviest of the enemy troops while shooting is focused on the weaker units. when CC cant be avoided the GG flee behind the dryads. It all sounds good in my head but let me hear what you think.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by wack-tapaz View Post
    Ok, I recently posted a WE list in the forum and here is some (a lot) of changes I made,
    both the composition and tactic behind it...

Treeman ancient, 2 murder spites, 1 lemantation of despair (or a cluster of radiance, havent decided yet).You can't have 2 murder spites, only one of each may be taken in an army. Also can't have the lamentation as he already comes with a bound spell and you can't add to that. So that leaves the cluster and the netlings if you have a mind too.

10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.

8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.

I would drop the glade rider standard bearer and banner, the 3 nymphs, the character steeds, and the musicians for a nice size unit of wardancers. Also, consider dropping a unit of dryads for 2 great eagles.

Good Luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

he allready has a rare choice thanks to the treeman so sorry but taking 2 eagles isn't possible . But just drop those branchnymphs see what you can do with the points maybe upgrade the scrollcaddy to lvl 2.

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you are totally right about the spites and i will change that.
    But I think the musicians are necesary because I am going to do a lot of fleeing.
    Also the banner og zenith can hold the enemy at bay for an axtra round or two.
    and finally I rant take two great eagles since thaey count as a rare choice each, and I have already used both of mine in the this list.'
    Thanks for your help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

did you take 2 treeman then. cool didn't notice thoughed the one you mentioned in rare choise was for the treeman ancient. well Have to say nice list with the 2 treeman just hope yo don't encounter any deamons because they will ruin your day. they will kill those treeman/ treeman ancient with great ease. but heck we all know they are awfull against us woodelves

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

Treeman ancient, 2 murder spites, 1 lemantation of despair (or a cluster of radiance, havent decided yet).

As the man said, you can't take the Despairs. I'd definitely take the Cluster of Radiants and it's probably worth taking Annoyance of Netlings too.

I question the wisdom of Asyendi's Bane. You can't use it with the HoDA, and an unlucky roll could quite easily wound this guy, who is, let's face it, extremely easy to kill in any case. The steed adds to his armour save and makes it easier for him to get to where he's needed, or out of harm's way, so I'd probably keep that.

No point in the steed on this guy. Just stand him near the back somewhere out of the way.

10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.
    10 GG, musician.

Always take musicians. They are probably the most worthwhile points you'll ever spend.

8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.
    8 dryads, branch nymph.

In this army, there's no real point in the Branch Nymphs.

3 hawks.

treeman.
    I think overall you could do with another hard-hitting unit such as Wild Riders or Wardancers. Dropping a Glade Rider, the Branch Nymphs, the Steed from the Spellsinger, Asyendi's Bane and a Spite from the Ancient will leave you with exactly enough points to buy a unit of 6 Wardancers, if I've added your list up correctly. Use these as a bodyguard for your BSB or to support your Treemen in combat.

GS
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason I chose the asyendis bane is that the BSB loses its longbow, and the dow doesnt have any effect on the doom arrow.
    my question is: are wardancers really worth it compared to dryads that is?
    please let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

The reason I chose the asyendis bane is that the BSB loses its longbow
    Okay, fair enough. I forgot about that. However, it means you're paying 40 points for a Hail of Doom instead of 30...

Are Wardancers worth it? Yes. I could wax lyrical all day bout the wheretos and whyfors of them, but suffice it to say it's a rare Wood Elf army that takes to the field without at least one unit. You'll frequently find that they pay for their points time after time after time, and the damage they can dish out more than makes up for their frailty.

As for comparing them with Dryads, I don't think you really can - it's like comparing a ninja with a samurai. They're different types of warrior that fight in different (albeit similar) ways, to achieve different results.

They are extremely useful, and I think most Wood Elf players will recommend them to you.

GS
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

+ Reply to Thread