Revised 1K list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Revised 1K list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

Revised 1K list

ok guys changed out the them of my list a bit since the pure forest spirits where just to low on models at a 1K lvl so I made this list what do you think ?

Hero: 230

Wardancer noble
    + Moonstone of the Hidden Ways or Blade of loec

branchwraith
    a cluster of radaints

Core: 438

8 dryads
    8 dryads

+ one will be joined by the branchwraith

10 glade guard
    10 glade guard

+ musician

special: 332

6 wildriders
    + FC
    + warbanner

6 Wardancers
    + musiscian
    + Wardancer Noble goes here

total: 1000 pts. 3 dd and 2 pd

Cheers Jayz

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by forumjayz View Post

Wardancer noble
    I don't think the wardancer noble brings enough to the table over a regular wardancer to be worth it. I would make him just a regular noble with a great weapon and have him join the wardancers.

branchwraith
    a cluster of radaints
    A wraith without the upgrade isn't that great against magic. If you can't afford the upgrade, just use a scroll caddy.

8 dryads
    8 dryads

10 glade guard
    10 glade guard

+ musician

6 wildriders
    + FC
    + warbanner

I think an extra wardancer is better than the champ in this unit,
    6 Wardancers
    + musiscian
    With a noble in the unit, you want a champ.

You have a good unit selection, but I would cut down on the command for more models.

My thoughts,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    284 (x5)

you don't think the fast he can do the dances brings enough to the table? a extra attack and S on the charge (free helm of the hunt) I would think he brings a lot to the game actually. 6+ ward save and MR 1 is also pretty sweet I have to say

and what do you mean with a wraith without the upgrade isn''t great against magic he has the plus 1DD upgrade it doesn't need more. and a scroll caddy is a LOT more points then the brainwraith. scroll caddy with 2 DS is 140 points against the current 90 pts of the wraith.

I personnaly think the FC on the WR is needed for the extra attacks on the charge since the don't have that many first round of combat.

Can you explain why I need a champ in the wardancers if I got a noble in there he is more then capable of taking anychallange I would say.

Thanks for the feedback though It's nice to see how others experience the list.

Cheers jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    172 (x7)

The Champ is necessary to keep your Noble out of challenges, either because he might be fighting a tougher enemy hero, or because your opponent may be challenging with a lowly unit champ to keep your noble from killing his RnF.

Would you rather your noble kill one unit champ, or kill 3-4 RnF. He still gives you overkill bonuses against the champ, but killing RnF is more important so that you can kill the unit and get VP's
    "I am the architect of fate!"

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

you don't think the fast he can do the dances brings enough to the table? a extra attack and S on the charge (free helm of the hunt) I would think he brings a lot to the game actually. 6+ ward save and MR 1 is also pretty sweet I have to say
    Looks good on paper, really weak on the tabletop. Compared to what a normal noble would give you, Str6 all the time with a great weapon, can get an armour save, gets the MR1 and ItP by being in the unit, the price of the upgrade just is too much. But as always, you can play what you like, just don't expect too much from him.

and what do you mean with a wraith without the upgrade isn''t great against magic he has the plus 1DD upgrade it doesn't need more. and a scroll caddy is a LOT more points then the brainwraith. scroll caddy with 2 DS is 140 points against the current 90 pts of the wraith.
    With 4 dipel dice, you have a chance to counter 2 spells regularly. With just 3, you drop to 1. With a scroll caddy you get the same dispel dice as the wraith, plus 2 auto dispels. So the choice I make is between 3 DD and 2 scrolls or 4 DD, just having 3 DD just doesn't work for me.

I personnaly think the FC on the WR is needed for the extra attacks on the charge since the don't have that many first round of combat.
    1 extra attack is helpful, and I usually take it, but not at the expensive of giving up attacks elsewhere. It is also easier to go character hunting with a unit that doesn't have a champ in it in a pinch.
    Can you explain why I need a champ in the wardancers if I got a noble in there he is more then capable of taking anychallange I would say.
    As you are normally going up against units larger than yours, it is better to have the noble kill a lot of RaF and have a champ to die in challenges, that to have a noble go toe to toe. Without the netlings, most wood elf nobles don't fair well in challenges against other characters.
    Thanks for the feedback though It's nice to see how others experience the list.

Cheers jayz
    There is my reasoning gleaned from my battles through the years.
    SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

ok well I like a kindred Noble more personal preference is guess. a noble wit great weapon is probably better but i Think the unit as is would do good enough I think. and I still think that the extra attack with the upgrade and the shadowdances can be pretty sweet. and I still get a extra S on the charge. I mean 5 attacks at S5 and first hit seems a whole lot better then 3 attacks at S6 but hit last. But I guess this might be me being a newby

and about the mage, a spellweaver at lvl 2 still only gives me 1 DD and the 2 DPscrolls so I pay the extra points to get 1 DD and a extra 2 PD. moust armies have 3 or more DD at 1K making the PD allmoust useless. and the dispell scrolls are nice but 50 Pts. is a lot in 1K game. and with the MR 1 on the wardancers and Wildriders I shouldn't have a problem.

I will drop the WR champion for a WR dancer champ. which leaves me with 4 points left which is acceptable.

Hope this all makes sence

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

5 attacks at S5 and first hit seems a whole lot better then 3 attacks at S6 but hit last. You still hit first when you charge, even with a great weapon.

and about the mage, a spellweaver at lvl 2 I would only ever use level 1. You are right that level 2 isn't worth it.

I will drop the WR champion for a WR dancer champ. which leaves me with 4 points left which is acceptable.
    Just wanted to clear up a few things.

SirKently

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

oh ok I dind't know that. "BEING A NOOB WARNING" he looks a lot better now but I still like the fact he can do the dances. personal preference and I like the Model

Well you see that taking the Scroll caddy would cost me plus 50 points for the dispell scrolls. I haven't had that much trouble with. Aggreed getting a scroll caddy a bigger games is deffenitly worth it but atm can't affort it I'm afraid.

Thanks for the information sir kently and I'll see if the noble can handle the heat otherwise I will try a normale noble with a great weapon and maybe even HoDA

Cheers Jayz

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

ok guys changed out the the list a bit, this would be the list what do you think of it?

Wardancer noble

branchwraith
    a cluster of radaints

8 dryads
    8 dryads

10 glade guard
    10 glade guard

+ musician

6 wildriders
    + Musiscian
    + Standeard bearer
    + warbanner

6 Wardancers
    + musiscian
    + Champion

total: 996 pts. 3 dd and 2 pd

Cheers Jayz
    Last edited by forumjayz; October 13th, 2008 at 18:09.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

284 (x5)

Hey sirkently what you think of this set-up then

Hero: 223

Alter Noble
    + Light Armour
    + Shield
    + Great Weapon
    + HoDa

Branchwraith
    + a cluster of radaints

Core: 324

8 dryads