3500 'Ard Dawgs Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

3500 'Ard Dawgs Tourney

So here's one of many variant lists I've built for a local 'Ard Dawgs tourney. Tell me what you think. For the curious, our gaming group is DAWGS, Dallas Area Wargamers Society. Pretty fancy pantsy, eh?

Here's list #1.

Lord and Heroes
    • Highborn, Rhymer's Harp (5+ ward to entire unit, ignore all difficult terrain), Annoyance of Netlings, great weapon, lt armor, shield
    • Spellweaver, lvl 4, dispel scroll, Wand of Wych Elm (reroll dispel attempts), Lore of Beasts
    • Spellsinger, lvl 2, dispel scroll x 2
    • Branchwraith, lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants
    • Noble, BSB, Oaken Armor
    • Noble, Great Eagle, Hail of Doom Arrow, lt armor, shield

Core
    • Dryads x 8
    • Dryads x 8
    • Glade Guard x 10, mus
    • Glade Guard x 10, mus
    • Glade Guard x 10, mus
    • Glade Guard x 7, mus, Banner of the Zenith (12" march block)
    • Eternal Guard x 30, full command, war banner

Special
    • Wardancers x 9, mus
    • Warhawk Riders x 3
    • Wild Riders x 6, full command, Banner of Dwindling (enemy rolls 1 less die when fleeing from combat)

Rare
    • Great Eagle
    • Treeman x 2

9 casting
    7 dispel, 3 scrolls, wand of wych elm

It's heavier on magic, but if I luck out and get a tree stand plus my own, then I'll be in great shape with 2 bound treesingings and two more that can be cast with 2 dice each. The weaver would have 5 dice left for Lore of Beasts which should prove effective against almost all armies. For dispel, I expect some heavy magic against me. 7 rerollable dice and 3 scrolls will be tough, especially against something like VC.

3 stubborn units with a BSB nearby. 3 flying units to march block and slow down the enemy. I basically sit back and wait for them to come to me, shoot, shoot, shoot, hold for the charge with EG, and hit back with hitty units.

I'll have another one soon.

Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

List #2

Lord and Heroes
    • Highborn, Rhymer's Harp (5+ ward to entire unit, ignore all difficult terrain), Annoyance of Netlings, great weapon, lt armor, shield
    • Spellweaver, lvl 3, dispel scroll, Wand of Wych Elm (reroll dispel attempts), Lore of Beasts
    • Spellsinger, lvl 1, dispel scroll x 2
    • Branchwraith, lvl 1, Cluster of Radiants
    • Noble, BSB, Oaken Armor

Core
    • Dryads x 8
    • Dryads x 8
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Glade Guard x 10
    • Glade Riders x 6, mus
    • Glade Guard x 5, mus, Banner of the Zenith march block to 12 inches)
    • Eternal Guard x 28, full command, Banner of Midwinter (unit is unbreakable for 1 turn)

Special
    • Wardancers x 9, mus
    • Warhawk Riders x 3
    • Wild Riders x 6, full command, Warbanner

Rare
    • Great Eagle
    • Treeman x 2

7 casting
    7 dispel, 3 scrolls, wand of wych elm

Significantly more shooting. Smaller scouts. Addition of Glade Riders who can somewhat make up for missing eagle noble.

Sit back even more and shoot, shoot, shoot. March block with scouts, eagle, hawks, glade riders. Less magic but still effective treesinging and maybe bear's anger if I'm lucky.

Use banner of midwinter to sucker someone into a charge, such as an overrun on archers and into the EG behind them. Combat takes place on the next turn, when I declare use of the banner. Take my licks and retaliate with hard hitting units.
    Last edited by DavidWC09; October 29th, 2008 at 02:48.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

OK, so I will assume that you want us to pick which one we like best. I will go with list number 1. Although I would probably drop the wizards down a level, and give up the eagle mount for more combat units like the characters in list 2.

As an aside, you talk of using the moonstone in the blurb under your second list, but no character has the moonstone listed.

Good Luck,
    SirKently
    Last edited by sirkently; October 29th, 2008 at 02:47.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    OK, so I will assume that you want us to pick which one we like best. I will go with list number 1. Although I would probably drop the wizards down a level, and give up the eagle mount for more combat units like the characters in list 2.

As an aside, you talk of using the moonstone in the blurb under your second list, but no character has the moonstone listed.

Good Luck,
    SirKently
    That's a fairly safe assumption, no?

Thanks for the Moonstone catch. That was for yet another incarnation. The lack of a 6th character prevented that item from making the final cut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I noticed your a fan of the fearsome 3-some. 2x Treemen and massive units of EG with LD 10 and Stubborn. The rest of your list is pretty much second nature because thats where your strength is, the rest ought to just be complimentary. I like list #1 because it kind of negates what you ought to fear - magic from magic heavy armies and plenty of march blocking and the hero on an eagle is cool.

Personally I would pick up more cavalry units, an extra unit of Wild Riders and maybe Glade Riders with your fliers for their war machnies. If you could find it, 100 points for ariels banner might go a long way to protecting your armies strength (fearsome 3-some).

However, saying that I probably wouldn't alter too much of what you have there because it goes well with your battle plan, good luck sir
    Last edited by honourandglory; October 29th, 2008 at 03:13. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread