I made two Army list I need some advice. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I made two Army list I need some advice.

Lord:

Treeman Ancient with spites

Heros:

Spellsinger
    level 1
    Glamourweaver with Unicorn
    Spites Common or Magicl iteams.

Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites

Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites

Core:

2 units of Glade Guards 10
    musicain
    Standard Bearer

2 units of Dryads 8

Special Units:
    Wardancer 5

Warhawks 3

Tree Kin 3

Rare units

Waywatcher 5

This equils 2,008

My other list

Lord:

Highborn on Dragon (I do not care about what people say about the dragon I want it anyway because I like dragons and it looks really awsome.)
    The Bow of Loran
    Railarian's Manrie

Heros:

Spellsinger
    level 1

Spellsinger
    level 2
    Spites Common or Magicl iteams

Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites

Core units:

Glade Guards 10
    Musican
    Standard Bearer
    Lord's Bowman

Glade Guards 10
    Musican
    Standard Bearer

Glade Riders 5
    Musican

2 units of Dyrads 8

Special Units

Wardancer 8
    Musician

Warhawks 3

Rare Units

Great Eagle

this equail 2,009

Last edited by Wood elf Dragon; November 14th, 2008 at 03:27.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

you're sinking alot of points into glamour weave and unicorns. why?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Agreed with the glamourweave and Unicorns. Haven't experimented with those yet, nor have I found the need to. But, she should definatly bring 2 dispell scrolls, it would be a rough game without them.
    For your First list, I would drop the command on the Glade Gaurd. Archers tend to stay at the very back of the army, and if they get attacked, they are pretty much a write off.
    Also, Not sure what Spites you plan to take with your branchwraiths, you will probably only want 1 apeice. I Also feel that there are a limited number of useable spites, so they might only be 1 per character.
    If you can shave down some points off other things, I would reccomend adding a few more wardancers (3-4 more max), and adding branchnymphs to your units of dryads to accept challanges so your branchwraiths don't get merc'd too fast.
    Other than some minor changes, it looks like a very solid list for a beginer. 5 attemps at Treesinging (inc the bounds from the ancient), 5 PD, 6 DD(if you get the radiants). Fairly mobile and has some punchy hitters with support from the archers.

For your 2nd list, It looks much better than your previous lists.
    Your lord needs to bring arcane Bodkins with his bow of loren. I don't see the point in bringing something that gives you as many ranged attacks as you do close combat attacks, without anything to modify armour. There is very little WE have to counter heavy armouted troops, and this combination is one of them. I would also opt for another item other than ralanes mantle, only because that paticular item is going to limit the mobility of a flying unit. You want to be able to put that dragon anywhere, not limit it to 6" of the woods (where the rest of your army should go). I may be wrong, but I don't think flyers can go into the woods unless they use their ground speed, which means you have to park the guy infront of the woods if you want the save and be able to charge/shoot, which makes him a prime target for all kinds of nastyness. There are a few wardsave items for 35ish points that will be of use.

Again, the glamour weave and unicorn is unessisary, as is the 2nd level of your spellsinger and the command on your archers. not sure how much you are spending on your magic items, but you should be able to shave enough points for another small unit, I'd reccoment wildriders or glade riders, as your ground troops are a little weak. Should be an interesting approach, a heavy flying "unit" (dragon and hawks and eagle), and small combat force, with archer support. Let me know how it does, I may consider fielding something similar for fun =D

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wood elf Dragon View Post
    Lord:

Treeman Ancient with spites
    Cluster of radients and annoyance of netlings are good choices.
    Heros:

Spellsinger
    level 1
    I actually like the glamourweave with unicorn. The issue with regular scroll caddies is the lack of a save of any kind. Adding these in is a little expensive, but you get the 5+ forest spirit save and a couple extra attacks at str4, 6 on the charge. In some games, especially against armies with no warmachines, this setup can come in quite handy. I agree with others that 2 scrolls is the way to go.
    Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites

Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites
    I like the pageant of shrikes for one of these guys. But in reality, I think switching one to a regular spellsinger with access to magic items may be better.
    Core:

2 units of Glade Guards 10
    musicain
    Standard Bearer
    As has been said, standards are never worth it.

2 units of Dryads 8
    Good.

Special Units:
    Wardancer 5
    Too small, go for a minimum of 7.

Warhawks 3
    Good.

Tree Kin 3
    I like these guys to be 4 wide to maximize attacks, though some like 3.

Rare units

Waywatcher 5
    Alright.
    This equils 2,008

My other list

Lord:

Highborn on Dragon (I do not care about what people say about the dragon I want it anyway because I like dragons and it looks really awsome.)
    The Bow of Loran
    Railarian's Manrie
    If you are taking a dragon, get a combat oriented highborn. Dawnspear works nice. And drop the mantle, get the oaken armour so you still have a 4+, its just regen instead of ward, but doesn't limit your movement.

Heros:

Spellsinger
    level 1
    See above.

Spellsinger
    level 2
    Spites Common or Magicl iteams
    If you are making this guy level two, it behooves you to make the one above level 2 as well to have the best chance of getting a spell through.

Branchwraith
    level 1
    Spites
    Cluster and nettlings are good again.

Core units:

Glade Guards 10
    Musican
    Standard Bearer
    Lord's Bowman
    Okay, never take a standard OR champ in these units.

Glade Guards 10
    Musican
    Standard Bearer

Glade Riders 5
    Musican
    Good.

2 units of Dyrads 8
    Fine.

Special Units

Wardancer 8
    Musician
    Very good.

Warhawks 3
    Some people don't like these guys, but I use them often and they usually work out good.

Rare Units

Great Eagle
    Love the eagle.
    this equail 2,009

Good Luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread