2k EG army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k EG army

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k EG army

hey guys ive just been doing alot of research on wood elves and I really like the way the eternal guard look and their rules and was just wondering if this was a pretty descent all comer list to use

highborn
    annoyance of netlings
    rhymers
    gw

noble (goes with wardancers)
    bsb
    oaken armor

singer
    lvl 1
    stave
    scroll

singer
    lvl 1
    2 scrolls

19 EG (highborn goes here)
    cmd
    warbanner

2x 10 dryads

7 wardancers (bsb goes here)

6 wardancers

2 treemen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

Check the main forum for a good discussion on the use of EG.

I would advise you to drop the caster with the stave, you have a max of 3 power dice and that isn't going to cut it for multi-casting the signing. Insted, go with a branchwraith with a cluster of radiants for extra dispel dice. you will have two chances with two power dice each, and you could get lucky, but it's more about magic defence w/o a spellweaver.

you may want to consider making your highborn a member of the Eternal Kindred, giving him a 5+ armour save and an extra attack, or allowing him to stand in the 2nd rank (not sure if that is legal). I'm not 100% certain this is a viable option though, just an Idea.

I'd drop one treeman and the smaller unit of wardancers, these are overkill IMO. You are lacking in variety, so I'd pick up some wildriders, glade riders, or archers (or all three if you can manage the points). Right now, you don't have anything that can take a flank, no march blocking, and no support fire. You are looking at strait combat with only one unit that can take the enimy head-on. wardancers and dryads can be nasty, but without static res they will have to do 5 unanswered wounds to even tie combat, which you would still loose since you have no musician.

I think it is a good starting point, but needs work. it's too combat focused and needs some variety to strenthen what you alaready have.

*edited to remove some confused advice*
    Last edited by talismanictattoo; November 19th, 2008 at 10:00.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree with most of what mr. Tattoo said, though I wouldn't make him an eternal. I don't like the setup of the eternal. With the list as is, I would drop the dryads down to 8 and use the points to up the wardancers and maybe get a few command models. Also, use your BSB in the EG, better staying power than in the wardancers.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

I'm not fully sold on an eternal setup either. it seemed like an alternative to consider at the time, since it gives a boost for very cheap. But I played with one tonight and It was not working in my favor. Far better to go with a GW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks guys what im thinking about doing is dropping 1 of the wardancer squads and a treeman and adding some wild riders and some waywatchers im pretty unfamiliar with the WE playstyle and I know EG alter it somewhat. BSB is going with the EG now. Do you think the stave would be worth it if I upgraded to a lvl 2?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

76 (x2)

The stave is a risky item to use in general, i find. what you are really gambling is on whether or not your oponent is bringing magic to the table. If they are, you will not have alot of luck, and treesinging will only go off when your opponent allows it to. If they bring weak magic/no magic, you will have an easier time of it, and the stave doesn't do a whole lot of extra good in this case. I have used it with some sucess, and with no sucsess, but all around I don't think it is one of those items that is better left for a rainy day. If you really wanted to bring it tho, 2 level 2's might cut it. the idea is that you burn up as much of the enemy's DD so at least one gets off, so the level 2 w/o the staff casts with 2 dice, leaving 4 dice for the one with the stave, and the Bound spell of the treeman. I haven't tested this out tho, it is only theory.

I would take 1 scroll caddy and 1 branchwraith w/ cluster of radiants. it would give you more dispel dice and same base treesinging attempts, and give you a slight edge in combat. That is how I started my W.E army, and it got me into the right frame of mind.

Keep the wildriders around 6 and the waywatchers between 5-7. Wildriders are pretty strait forward, waywatchers on the otherhand are much harder to use effciently. However, I would keep them in there until you learn how to use them. in an avrage game, they can be pretty "meh", but on a good day they can make someone cry.

Your new idea is much better for a beginer to the W.E army. I'd go ahead and invest in some archers and glade gaurd models for backup though; EG can even give some of us veterans a hard time, and since they don't really fit into the typical WE stratagy, it can make learning this army more difficult. However, if you manage to make them work well for you, you are much better off for it, because they do have some potential to them. I had a small game the other night where 12 of my EG with a noble took down a unit of similar size of chaos warriors on their own. that too, is something that isn't conventional about a WE army, and shows that there is some potential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice

+ Reply to Thread