first 1000 wood elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x1)

first 1000 wood elves

This is my first wood elf army. IS there any thing that you would change?

Alter Knidred
    Great weapon
    Light armour
    Helm of the hunt
    Hail od doom arrow
    Spell singer
    2 Scrolls
    10 Glade Glade
    10 Glade Glade
    5 Glade riders
    8 Dryads
    Branch Nymph
    S war dancers
    Full command
    5 way watchers

2. Remove Advertisements

Jafaland, New Zealand
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Welcome to LO!

*picks up thread and moves it to the WE Army Lists forum*

Your list is a little hard to read. If you look around the forum, you can see several other ways of writing them up.

With the dryer stuff out of the way, here are my thoughts on your list:
    I like your character configuration. The Alter is a nice build that, if you know what you're doing, will almost always justify his (or her) points cost. I also see you've gone with a Caddy. If ever you decide that you need a few extra points, maybe drop a scroll (I find magic doesn't tend to do much in 1K points unless your opponent maxes out on it).

Your Glade Riders would benefit immensely from a Musician. A popular way to use them is with Bait and Flee. When fleeing, the last thing you want is a botched Rally roll. Whenever I take my GRs somewhere, I never leave home without one.

I assume that's five Wardancers? Six or seven with maybe a command item or two are generally very points efficient, as they can chop through a lot of things should the need arise.

I'd keep the other units as-is, WWs needing to be small so they can hide places. Your GG Musician and Dryad Branch Nymph are always good, but if you really need the points for something, then they would be one of the first things to go.

Hope that helps.

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

At the 1k level I tend to prefer the branchwraith over the caddy. More survivable general especially with netling on her. It also gives you a reason for the nymph you have, which isn't necessary without one. I also would rather have a musician on the glade riders over the glade guard if given the choice.

The wardancers I agree are too small. And I would prefer an extra waywatcher or 2 also. At this level, I feel waywatchers are too expensive. I would swap for an eagle and use the points for more wardancers and command models.

Good luck,
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread