2250 League List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 League List

For a fairly competitive league at my LGS:

Characters:
    General - Highborn - Light Armor, Shield
    Sword of Might
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Helm of the Hunt
    Stone of the Crystal Mere
    Riding a Forest Dragon

Spellsinger - 2x Dispel Scroll
    Total: 711 Points

Core:
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    5 Glade Riders - Musician
    Total: 690 Points

Special:
    8 Wardancers
    4 Warhawk Riders
    4 Treekin
    Total: 564 Points

Rare:
    Treeman

Total Army: 2250 Points Exactly

I recognize that some people might consider a dragon and a treeman to be "Cheese," but I can live with that.

The general is intended to act as a combination of the standard Alter kindred with a strong (for elves anyway) combat character. On the first turn he can fly out next to an enemy unit, pop off the HoDA and Breathe on something, then after that he can start his combat rampage.

The Glade Riders and Warhawk Riders provide bait-and-switch for frenzied units (I'm looking at you, Blood Knights) as well as being War Machine / Small unit hunters.

Glade Guard are obvious.

Treeman and Tree Kin provide the Anvil, with the Dragon as the primary hammer, while the Dryads / Wardancers can move up the middle and help out with either role.

Relatively weak on magic defense, but I haven't run into anything that made me really terrified of magic. Even VC with correct usage of Dispel Scrolls I was able to control enough of the magic to win (With a different, but similar, list).

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TehCheator View Post
    For a fairly competitive league at my LGS:

Characters:
    General - Highborn - Light Armor, Shield
    Sword of Might
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Helm of the Hunt
    Stone of the Crystal Mere
    Riding a Forest Dragon
    I really prefer the dawnspear on this guy. I would consider losing the HoDA, I know it is a big loss, but the minus to hit is great I think.

Spellsinger - 2x Dispel Scroll
    Total: 711 Points
    Caddies are good.

Core:
    10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    Total: 690 Points
    Core is good, though I might give up one unit of glade riders for an alter noble with the HoDA.

Special:
    8 Wardancers
    4 Warhawk Riders
    4 Treekin
    Total: 564 Points
    Don't really think the treekin are a great anvil. I would swap them out for a unit of wild riders, drop one of the warhawks for points as well if needed.
    Rare:
    Treeman
    Maybe add an eagle here.

Total Army: 2250 Points Exactly

I recognize that some people might consider a dragon and a treeman to be "Cheese," but I can live with that. With all the new books out, nothing we can make is cheese.
    Pretty good list. Best of luck with it.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've considered (and tested) both of the magic spears on the dragon rider, and TBH, I haven't been too impressed. The real problem, that I was trying to deal with in this list, is that both the Alter Kindred and the Dragon Highborn want to use the Helm of the Hunt, and both are fairly diminished without it. The issue I have with the Dawnspear especially, is that any unit that I am reliably wounding with the elf, is getting murdered by the dragon. So there is very often no one left to attack back anyway, and after the first round of combat, I lose the +1 Str, and then I'm really not killing a whole lot.

Also, while I love the standard Alter Kindred character, I find it somewhat frustrating to have to only move 9 in the turn when he uses the HoDA. Since typically he wants to use that relatively early, then crash into combat with something small and easy to kill, and having to waste a turn going "only" 9, means that it's harder to get him into position.

Both of those issues are why I wanted to try the sort of combo, since I noticed the Dragon character very rarely had anything to do on the first turn, adding the HoDA to him really helps. The fact that he gets to keep the +1 Str on every round of combat is just a bonus.

As for the Tree Kin, I'm starting to agree. Sometimes they are amazing, but then other times they get run down by TK Chariots that did 0 wounds :/. I had some alternate ideas for a list, one of them was dropping 1 unit of glade riders and 1 Warhawk Rider in order to pick up 6 Wild Riders. I'll have to play with it a little, but I'm not sure what to replace the tree kin with. Obviously there's the option of a standard alter kindred and a spear lord, but I'd still like to try out the beefed up Dragon Rider.

I've only recently started using the Great Eagle, and I'm still not exactly sure what the use for them is. Am I supposed to just put it up in the enemy's area to march-block, and if needed hunt down war machines? If that's the case, I've already got a dragon, 2 units of fast cav, and a unit of flyers that can do all of those things.

+ Reply to Thread