Wood Elves Monster List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Wood Elves Monster List

So, I keep hearing these terrifying things from my DoC friend in Chicago. There are alot of scary lists out there. I started thinking what Wood Elves could do that maybe other lists would have a devil of time doing.

I was thinking, Dragon sized monsters. 3 of them.

Lord/Hero:
    Naestra/Arahan - Forest Dragon

Hero:
    Branch Wraith - lvl 1, Radients
    Spell Singer - 2 scrolls

Core:
    Dryads x8 - Branch Nymph
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8

Special:
    Wild Riders x6

Rare:
    Treeman
    Treeman

I wanted a list with a HB and a Royal Standard of Ariel Caddy at first. But I was not enthused the the HB's damage output capacity compared to other lords in 7th edition. 6 S5 attacks on the charge with Naestra/Arahan alone looked purty.

Beyond that, it would let me play ring around the rosy with strangle roots and breath attacks.

Not sure if it would work though. What do you all think? (I have nearly all the parts, and it's an excuse to buy the awesome Treewoman models from Ultraforge!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Where will your spellsinger go? Run loose? Better make that one a glamourweave somehow.

My biggest issue with the list is that nothing can flee. It's all ItP, except the dragon. Setting up traps and the like will be really tough. Even with these combat monsters, I don't think it's a wade-in-and-start-swinging kind of army.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x7)

the other problem with ITP WE is that you have no ranked units like deamons have, you also are fairly slow except for the dragon and WR. I have a feeling, you're going to get charged and broken several times.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I am not a big fan of the sisters of twilight either. I would rather have a dragon riding highborn. And I think there are too many dryads. I would want some glade guard for support. Overall, I think it is slow and the sisters just don't put out the damage.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Thanks for all the input!

Regarding the dragon rider choice: Highborns don't put out any more damage. Sisters have 6 attacks that go up to S5, HB has 4; even with a magic weapon (par from the spirit sword) I doubt I can do much more damage with him. They also get a template attack, although, admitedly it will only be useful against core. The thing which concerns me more about the Sisters is leadership problems.

Regarding glamourweave: I've never had a problem keeping a dispel caddy alive. Probably just stick it in a corner out of LoS. It's only there for the scrolls.

Regarding ItP: I've actually played ItP armies in the form of dedicated spirits before to great success. But for those I used an amber pendant in Wardancers to eat charges. But, yeah, you're right, if I run into a thing I -can't- kill I also won't be able to run from it, which is problematic. You all make a good case for using glade riders in the core, (to set up those traps and such. ). I'll probably do that and drop the Wild Riders (although, it means I can't use my awesome conversions).

Hopefully that will "speed up" the list enough.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

The sisters have no armor or ward save, just a dragon and a special rule. A choppy enemy character riding his own monster can easily kill off both sisters, it seems.
    Painting Videos--My Warriors of Chaos--WHFB Tactica Index

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Choppy characters riding their own mosters get any character they charge.

Naestra and Arahan have 4 wounds and self heal. But, perhaps you are right, perhaps a spirit sword lord would be better. At the very least he would solve leadership and save points.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Okay, so, sorry for the double post. Here's a version that ought to be faster and should have a more pleasing dragon.

Lord/Hero:
    Noble - Spirit Sword, Stone of Crystal Mere, Enchanted Shield, Light Armor, Dragon

Hero:
    Branch Wraith - Lvl 1, Radients, Netlings
    Spell Singer

Core:
    Dryads x8 - Branch Nymph
    Glade Rider x5 - Musician
    Glade Rider x5 - Musician

Special:
    Wild Riders x6 - Musician
    War Dancers x8

Rare:
    Treeman
    Treeman

1998pts out of 2000pts. 5DD no scrolls. 4PD, two bound spells.

I know the spirit sword is a bit of a risk. I was seriously thinking about the dawnspear instead; but for potential damage the spirit sword seemed the best bet.

Perhaps I should mount my singer with a wraith stone if I'm going to do that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like this list overall, but i do want to point out a couple things.

While it states in the book that the sisters only take up one Lord choice by themselves, it also says that they cannot be used as the army general. so, since the General has to be the character with the highest leadership, you'd need to have another model with a leadership 9 or better to take on the role. Or am i mistaken?

Also...
    "The sisters have no armor or ward save, just a dragon and a special rule."

If you read the online FAQ, the Sisters do have light armour. It's not much but it is something.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by browncoatjm View Post
    While it states in the book that the sisters only take up one Lord choice by themselves, it also says that they cannot be used as the army general. so, since the General has to be the character with the highest leadership, you'd need to have another model with a leadership 9 or better to take on the role. Or am i mistaken?
    If you just read the BRB, then that is what you would assume. But in reality, the wording should be the character with the highest leadership value that can be the general. I am sure it is posted in some FAQ somewhere.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast