My Own Orion Lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

My Own Orion Lists

So, there are Orion lists kicking around now! And of course, I thought they were awesome and had to create my own.

Not to steal anyone's thunder. I just get exited and throw out the first lame brain idea I get; as many of you may have noticed.

This is my own version of the Orion List:

Lord:
    Orion

Hero:
    Branch Wraith - lvl 1, netlings, radients

Core:
    Wild Riders x6 - musician
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8
    Dryads x8

Special:
    War Dancers x8
    War Dancers x8

Rare:
    Great Eagle
    Great Eagle

I've thought about dropping a unit of dryads for wardancers, and capitalize on the sheer number of special units I can take. But I don't actually HAVE that many wardancers yet.
    Still, it might be nice.

I could also drop that power level from the wraith and save 50pts. If I dropped one unit of Dryads, and a man from each wardancer unit, that's a unit of treekin. I could stick my Wraith in there and she could pretend to be one too. ^_^

It would be slow, but would give me a good hard unit.

This seems like a better idea than my lame brain Monsters Army*. What do you all think?
    *Apparently just because Dark elves can do it, doesn't mean we can.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

Why no standards on the wildriders? The +1CR (+2 for warbanner) is awesome.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks like the theory is to go fast or go home. Continuing with that concept, I would get rid of the dryads all together. Pick up a couple units of glade riders, and you really need to have a scroll caddy here as well. Don't think you need the great eagles that badly, so I would trade them in for a unit of 3 warhawk riders.

If you really don't want the extra hero, I would trade the wraith for a caddy. 5DD and 2 scrolls is I think better than 6DD.

Have fun,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Hmm.... Good points...

To Scarsguard: I'm not anticipating that the majority of my WR are going to live. I don't want to give away the extra points if a unit wipes. Flank charges will get more combat res than standards, when you count for breaking ranks anda all. Although, I've been seriously considering a dawnspear for one of the units. But that turns it into a huge target. I'm trying to avoid that.

To Sirkently: That was the thought! Speedy, speedy, speedy. That and special choices. I'll take your advice on the dryads. Glade Riders never hurt either, especially agianst other fast cavalry. One question though...Why would I want to take warhawks in this list though? I mean, not that I'm arguing, I'm just wondering why them instead of great eagles is all.

(I thought I might keep 2 units of dryads to screen for shooting though... not sure. I'll leave 'em out for now :/ )

Here's what I've got then:

Hero:
    Singer - Dispel Scroll x2

Core:
    Wild Riders x6 - Musician
    Glade Riders x5 - Musician
    Glade Riders x5 - Musician

Special:
    War Dancers x8 - Musician, Blade Singer
    War Dancers x8

Rare:
    Great Eagle
    Great Eagle

I don't want to lose too many people to shooting... and I'd like to screen the War Dancers from shooting and have a few more combat units. Soo, I'm thinking maybe swapping the unit of Wild Riders I added for some dryads. Could shuffle points to get two units.

A completely different idea would be to take a dawnspear caddy for my third hero. But again, that gives the enemy a nice juicy, t3 target. (I'm not as worried about Orion, because what with high movement and 6 wounds I'm hoping to dodge most ranged stuffs.)
    Last edited by Gnomish.Id; February 16th, 2009 at 03:45. Reason: Forgot!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

3 Warhawk Riders vs 2 Great Eagles.

Warhawk Bonuses:

-2 extra attacks
    -Can crossfire
    -Can get a flank/rear bonus
    -Shooting attacks
    -Hit and Run
    -360 degree line of sight

Eagle Bonuses:

-1 extra toughness
    -2 separate units
    -20 points less
    -Strength 4 for all attacks
    -No panic checks, caused or taken

They are fairly even, but I like the 360 degree site, and the ability to crossfire. That is why I suggested warhawk riders.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

It's defintely worth considering swapping the Glade Riders for 'em. I have the special slots. Good idea you think?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

458 (x8)

Why not give the Caddy a horse, and swap your Wardancers for Glade Riders and Warhawks? (I'd consider a unit of each) The wardancers seem a little out of place being pretty much the only things with a movement value of less than nine.

Otherwise, looks like a fun list to play, if you're that kind of player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well, I figured I need something to threaten them and make the WANT to attack. If they think they catch my war dancers I can use them to control/bait troop movements. They get a massive infantry block, I know exactly what it's going to do and where it's going to go. Also, there are some things that Wild Riders can plain and simply not take on the charge. Hence, War Dancers.

Of course, there are some things even THEY can't take. Those I'll have to pray I can bolt thrower down, or combine charge with Orion and Wild Riders.

I think my caddy will be safer hiding in a corner somewhere than running around on a horse. And it's less points when he dies.

I'll take both into consideration though!

+ Reply to Thread