2k Wood elf army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k Wood elf army

Okay quick list I made, I build from my original 1k list. Feedback would be very appreciated. =)

Noble
    WOod elf Highborn
    Wild rider Kindred
    Great stag
    Dawnspear
    Netlings

Hero's
    Spellsinger Lv1
    2 Dispell Scroll 140

Wood elf Noble
    Waywatcher Kindred
    Hail of Doom Arrows 140

Core
    Glade Guard 10
    Musician 126

Glade Guard 10
    Musician 126

Dryads 8
    No upgrade 96

Dryads 8
    No upgrade 96

Eternal Guard 19
    BS and Musiscian 246

Special
    Wardancers 7
    Full Command 147

Wild Riders 5
    Full command 166

Rare
    Waywatchers 6
    No upgrade 120

Treeman
    No upgrade 285

Total points 1993

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

The only problem with the list is you have no noble to put in the EG to make them stubborn. I would switch out the waywatcher to a BSB to put in the EG. Drop some command models from the wild riders for points for magic items for him, and give the HoDA to the highborn.

Have fun,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't like that highborn for the wild riders. He's WAAAYYYYY too expensive. Take a look at the cost of the unit before and after he joins it:

5 Man Wild Riders - Full Command: 166
    5 Man Wild Riders - Full Command + Highborn: 471

You turn that unit into a 6 man unit with T3 and weak save, that costs almost 1/4 of your entire army. Even with the plethora of saves that the Wild Riders get, they are incredibly susceptible to shooting. Consider that with a 5+ armor save and 5+ ward save, they still fail almost half of their saves. A single 10 man unit of glade guard at long range is going to kill on average 1 per turn.

Now, granted, on the charge they are going to hit like a ton of bricks (at least compared to most things in the WE army), but if you ever get out of position and get charged, that unit is toast and you just donated 671 VPs to your opponent (since you have your general and a banner).

Even on the charge, your killing power isn't enough to warrant adding the highborn imo:

5 Man Wild Riders - 5 Attacks at WS5 S5 + 5 Attacks at WS3 S3
    Highborn on Stag: 4 Attacks at WS7 S5 + 2(I think, don't have book) Attacks at WS5 S5

So yes, the Highborn by himself doubles the killing power of that unit. Unfortunately, he makes the unit cost 3 TIMES as much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

Tagging onto what TehCheator said:

I find that six Wild Riders with full command and the War Banner are usually enough on thier own to get the job done.

I used to put a Lord with them, and then found out that they do the job just fine by themselves. The War Banner truly does put them over when they charge into the flank of something.

+ Reply to Thread