2250 Competitive List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Competitive List

Dusting off the elves for a local tournament. Here is what I am thinking of taking...

Highborn - Alter / GW / Bow of Loren / Amber Pend / Arcane Bodkins
    Noble - BSB , HoDA
    Branchwraith - Cluster of Radiance / Annoyance of Netlings
    Spellsinger - lvl 2 / Cal's Staff / Scroll

10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    5 Glade Riders - musician

7 Wild Riders - Full command / Warbanner

2 Treemen

Typical tree surf with the bsb in the middle. The highborn is something new for me, usually don't have him like that but on paper he sounds nasty as hell! Got the fast calvary units there to harass war machines before the treemen can come out and play.

Thoughts and advice welcome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Antonus View Post
    Dusting off the elves for a local tournament. Here is what I am thinking of taking...

Highborn - Alter / GW / Bow of Loren / Amber Pend / Arcane Bodkins I would change the amber pendant for the glamourweave item. You don't want him in combat anyway.
    Noble - BSB , HoDA Can't have the HoDA unless you get him a magic bow.
    Branchwraith - Cluster of Radiance / Annoyance of Netlings You would want to be level 1 to have more chances of getting treesing off.
    Spellsinger - lvl 2 / Cal's Staff / Scroll

10 Glade Guard
    10 Glade Guard
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads

7 Wild Riders - Full command / Warbanner
    You could drop one of these guys, plus the champ for points without losing much in effectiveness.
    2 Treemen
    Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the advice. I think I did make the Branchwraith lvl 1 but forgot to put that down. I did forget about the bow though so I will need to give him that little 10pt magic one.

Thanks for the advice!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play tested this weekend against a WoC Tzeentch Army and a Dark Elf Shooty List.

WoC - Victory! I really had high hopes for my highborn but unfortunately he was sucked into the void with some irresistibly cast 15+ spell on the first turn (he didnt even move). Then one treeman next, which was the miscast that let it go off irresistibly but couldnt be cast again (thank god!). Was able to screen off a lot of units with my tree sings and blast his lighter units while they approached. Magic was pretty damaging but I was able to survive long enough for the wild riders to get a good flank and tear through everything.Treeman from the front, wild riders from the side.... dead chaos chosen knights! Thinking about trading Cal's staff for another dispel scroll.

Dark Elfs - 50pts away from victory. Lots of shooting but knowing how tough the dryads would be against their crossbows I marched straight at him while I surfed the treemen towards the war machines. Branchwraith unit made is and had fun. Treemen did encounter a hyrda (who was eaten in 2 combats) and proceeded to destroy their line of fire. Was really scared with my highborn versus so much mobile shooting (glamorweave???) so he didnt do a whole lot but hid and pick off fast calv units. No magic so my scroll was useless whereas my extra tree sing from the staff came in handy. And I forgot to use my HoDA, that could have gotten me my 50 points =p.

Overall, I think the list did ok. I do feel really scared about having that highborn in such a vulnerable set of armor but 5 str 6 attacks on with essentially ASF is something that could come in handy. I am probably going to swap out for glamorweave in next weekends tests and see how it goes. Having one dispel scroll also makes me worried, so many magic heavy armies to fight....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I have never regretted taking the amber pendant.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    76 (x2)

I preffer the glamourweave to the amberpendant myself, for some of the reasons stated. Mostly, Without any save, he doesn't last long in combat to warrent the ASL rules. With the glamourweave, he's protected while running around, allowing him to get into position easier. Also, there is always the chance that your opponent will fail his leadership test when attacking him, which would be far better than ASL.
    That isn't to say that I don't put him into combat, but I'm very selective of where the STR6 attacks are worth more than the no armoursaves bowshots. Hitting charriots before they can charge, picking off the mages after they flee their units that are about to be charged. Alters are too flimsy to survive alot of CC, but can add that extra punch to turn the tide in your favor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Hmmm... And I usually run an amber pendant in my wardancers, not on alter kin.

+ Reply to Thread