Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
This is going to be my first ever torune list i plan on using the cha-cha tactic and in the tactica whoever wrote about the glade riders thats helped me alot so anyway.
Criticism is allowed.
Wood elf noble
Great weapon 4p
Amaranthine brooch 35p
Briar sheath 15p
Level 2 35p
2 dispel scrolls 50p
22 glade guard
1 lords bowmen
8 glade riders
Horse master 9p
3 tree kin
Hmmm a few things:
1) I assume the Glade Guard are in two units? They really ought to be, in order to optimize shooting.
2) That said, your head count all around seems too high per unit. You really only need five glade riders per unit, as anymore will inevitably give away free points.
3) also, divide your dryads into two units of eight. This is standard, because they don't get bonuses for having more numbers unless you have a bajillion of them (like, 25 to get outnumbering); but because they can't rank, this is never effective.
4) I think Level 2 is wasted in this list. You don't have enough casting to get through magic defense, so it's going to be wasted points. You also don't have enough volume of magic to affect terrain significantly.
Dropping two Glade Guard, the Lord's Bowman, and the Musicians should get you 42 points.
Dropping three Glad Riders and the horse master should get you 81 points.
Dropping level 2 is 35 points.
All told, you'd have 158 points for additional stuff.
You could use this for war dancers or wild riders. I'd think about the wild riders myself. They're good at breaking ranks, hunting mages, and taking warmachines.
Please read the sticky about how to post army lists. It's generally frowned upon to post point costs for specific upgrades.
As this is a tournament list, I'm going to assume that your goal is raw effectiveness.
I generally agree with Gnomish.Id's comments and have a few to add:
1. The standard alter (alter noble, GW, LA, shield, HotH, HoDA) is probably going to be quite a bit more effective than the one you are currently taking, although I could be wrong. Yours is better in a prolonged fight, but you really want to avoid those if at all possible. Also, the HoDA is incredibly powerful at the 1500 points level.
2. I'm also not a big fan of the spellsinger. The level 2 is a waste of points, and this model is incredibly fragile considering it'll be your army general and only mage. You can stick it in a unit of glade guard, but that won't offer much protection. I'd consider going for a branchwraith instead (with level 1, cluster, and maybe annoyance), which you can protect a bit better in a unit of dryads.
Dropping the spellsinger, two glade guard, the lord's bowman, GG musicians, 3 glade riders, and horsemaster gets you 298 points. You also have 24 points left over in your previous list, bringing us to 322 points available
Upgrading to standard alter will cost you 4 points.
The branchwraith will cost you either 140 or 165 points
If you do get a branchwraith, I'd get a branch nymph in one of the dryad squads, costing you 12 points.
If you spend 165 points on the branchwraith, that leaves you with 141 points, enough for 7 wardancers + mus (133)
If you spend 140 points on the branchwraith, that leaves you with 166 points, enough for either 8 wardancers + mus (151) or 6 Wild Riders.
I think either of these would be good choices for you.
Honestly, I might also recommend dropping the treekin. That way you could grab the 165 pt branchwraith, a unit of 7 wardancers + mus and a 6 man Wild Rider unit with mus and standard bearer w/ war banner.
I actually don't mind your alter noble. While I agree that the hail of doom arrow is great at this level, your guy has the chance to take out some of the monsters coming out currently and a save which is usually lacking in wood elf lists.
I would make the mage a level 1 with 2 scrolls as well.
Split the glade guard into two units of 10, drop the glade riders to 5 with a musician, and split the dryads into two units of eight.
Since you seem to want a more combat oriented list, I would get a fourth treekin for that unit, though they are fairly expensive at this level. And try to fit in a unit of at least 7 wardancers as they are a great combat unit as well.
I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.
the dryads are meant to be in two units anyway. Had my first game of the torune yesterday im in the lead the mage now gets one extra dispel/power dice. The altar has 6up scaly skin +1ld and any wounds he does are added to his profile.....The ultimate assasin.