2000 list (Beardy?) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 list (Beardy?)

Lord
    Highborn-
    - Spear
    - Light Armour
    - Enchanted Shield
    - Bow of Loren
    - Stone of The Crystal Mere
    - Arcane Bodkins
    - Forest Dragon

571 pts

Hero
    Spellsinger - Dispel Scroll x2 - 140pts
    Spellsinger - Dispel Scroll x2 - 140pts

Core
    10 Glade Guard - 120pts
    8 Dryads - 96pts
    8 Dryads - 96pts
    8 Dryads - 96pts

Special
    5 Wild Riders -
    - Full Command

166pts

Rare
    Treeman
    Treeman

Too beardy? or is the possibilty of my dragon being shot out from under me and the treemen taking bolt throwers to the face and leaving me with......some dryads.......too much of a risk to be called cheese?

please give me some feedback coz i got 2 treemen and just painted the gorgeous sisters of twilight model and wanna use them

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

With the lists out there nowadays, I don't know if anything is "cheesy" anymore. I wouldn't worry about it. If you are playing in a tournament, go for it. If you are just playing for fun, then play a game, and if it seems over the top compared to what you were up against, then tone it down a little.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks for feedback. I'll see how it goes. I wont have any gripes about takin this list if im up against a Karond Kar themed Dark Elf army, or any decent incarnation of a Daemon army. Or an Engine of the Gods for that matter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I'd say that a higher than average percent of opponents will complain about this list, but if you know you are going up against other hard lists then I don't see a problem.

Honestly, you could make it quite a bit harder by including a BSB and possibly rekitting your highborn. I generally dislike the machine gun highborn loadout on a dragon. If you are shooting you are wasting the dragon and if you are fighting you are wasting the highborn. Of course, most opponents won't see it that way and will just whine that you took a dragon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nope

I'm going to have to agree with sirKently on this one. With some of the Demon armies out their with their 20PD or the 4 Stegadon L.M. army your list is far from cheesy. Now i would not want to play against two Treemen and dragon, but sometimes pulling a list like this out is needed against something just as devistating. Its not like your invicbile you can always get out played. I say if your playing a friend dont grind him over repeatedly with this list, but for a tournament bring it to the house and clean up!

Have fun!
    Midvalley

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys thanks alot. im gonna put up a new variaton of the list thats a mountain monster themed army that should be less cheesy as its gonna have absolutely no magic or magic defense and see what everyone thinks it

much obliged

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list is very similar to the on i bring out.

I use only 1 treeman though and i have a lot more ranged units to open up my battle field more. (I take no casters)

Have you played with your list yet? When you do can you let us know how it go's, im very interested

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I <3 the list.

Don't drop your caddies. A BSB is nice, but you need magic defense, and you don't have the points to take the Banner of Athel Loren. Even if you did, you'd have to take a B-Wrath radient caddy to get a large enough DD pool to utilize it effectively.

One thing, I never take WE without the HoDA. Being a large target, your HB can fire anywhere he wants. So, I'd drop the Bow of Loren and take the HoDA. More bang, less buck; even if it's only for one turn. But seriously, after turn 2 you should be in combat already. You won't get much use out of Loren.

That said, par from our bows and the Spirit sword, our magic weapons lack enough Oomf to add much to a charging dragon. As such, I usually take the Oaken Armor, or the ilk. I.e., make sure the HB lives to see combat at all.

After that, I like the Rageth's Wildfire blades. Hand weapons are always nice, and flaming attacks will let you deal with certain lists. Vampires and Nurgle Demons specifically. It's almost required to have flaming attacks somewhere in your list these days. But really, how you spec him is up to you.

The big thing is HoDA and defense, I think. Although, I'm certain many players here would disagree with me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much effect do you think HoDA will have on:

A ) a Hydra?

B ) Dark Elf Lord a Dragon -
    [with the armour that gives a wardsave that uses your strength against you]. [this is the guy im having a REAL hard time killing].

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Well, first, I'd not use it on a Hydra, or a Lord on a Dragon. I'd save it to soften that hard rank/file troop right before I charge it. That or blow away a cannon. Or blow up a 10 man archer unit. Or surprise a Cavalry unit. Same things you'd use any other low strength shooting for.

But,
    A: Hydra"
    -T5 I believe. Dark Elf Codex is kicking around, but my rooms a mess, so I'll not hunt for it.
    -Average of 11 shots from HoDA
    -Hitting on 2's, so 9.167 hits.
    -Wounding on 5's, so 3 wounds.
    -Regenerate makes 1.5 of those go away.
    -I think it has scaley skin too.
    Conclusion?
    I'd not use it on a Hydra.

B: Dark Elf Lord on Dragon:
    -Will have T4 one the elf; but he can be very "beardy". I'd not expect anything but to knock off a few wounds.

Conclusion?
    Well, if you have to fight Dark Elves, you can tarpit Dryad spam the guy. One thing I do is use my Treemen as elf assassins. I.e., the T3 Lord goes squish.
    Well worth the loss of a Treeman if you succeed. Charging with a unit of Wild Riders on the flank can help guarantee this. That is, if you can catch him.
    The other thing is, combining the HoDA with a breath template, with two strange roots CAN knock him off his high horse, if you're lucky with the root's distrubtion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast