2000pts Need Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts Need Help

Lord:
    Wood Elf Highborn
    -Ligh Armour
    -Great Eagle-
    -Hail of Doom Arrow
    -The Bow of Loren
    -Arcane Bodkins

Heroes;
    Spellsinger
    -Elven Steed
    -Dispel Scroll
    -Dispel Scroll

Spellsinger
    -Level 2
    -Elven Steed
    -Dispel Scroll
    -Calaingor's Stave

Core:
    5 x Glade Riders

5 x Glade Riders

5 x Glade Riders

5 x Glade Riders

Special:
    3 x Warhawk Riders

3 x Warhawk Riders

4 x Warhawk Riders

Rare:
    10 x Waywatchers

10 x Waywatchers

Mages are defensive and just move the trees around A LOT and just put them in peoples way

Everthing thing eles is in the opponents face in the first turn firing away with basically no modifiers

What do you guys think how would it do in a tournament

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Basically what you are describing here is a "sethayala style" list (I hope I'm spelling that correctly!). Honestly, I have no idea how good it would be but I've heard that these kinds of lists can be competitive. There is a lot written on the topic over at Asrai.org • Portal, so I'd check there.

The only advice I can give you off the top of my head is to drop some glade riders and go 4x4 warhawks. I think that is pretty standard for sethayala style lists. You also might want musicians for your glade riders if you can afford it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

In a tournament I think you would get massacred repeatedly. You have nothing that can get into combat with a hope of winning against any ranked up units. Your shooting is all strength 3, so you will have trouble wounding a lot of things. You are relying on your shooting to take out almost everything, and it isn't that good.

Wood elves do best by taking a variety of different units for different tasks. Shooters for softening up things, skirmishers for getting into position for flank charges, hard hitters like treemen and wild riders for causing casualties. You really need a lot more variety.

Also, one character can't have both the bodkins and hail of doom arrow as they are both enchanted items.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I just don't see this list having a chance.
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sirkently View Post
    In a tournament I think you would get massacred repeatedly. You have nothing that can get into combat with a hope of winning against any ranked up units. Your shooting is all strength 3, so you will have trouble wounding a lot of things. You are relying on your shooting to take out almost everything, and it isn't that good.

Wood elves do best by taking a variety of different units for different tasks. Shooters for softening up things, skirmishers for getting into position for flank charges, hard hitters like treemen and wild riders for causing casualties. You really need a lot more variety.

Also, one character can't have both the bodkins and hail of doom arrow as they are both enchanted items.

Don't mean to sound harsh, but I just don't see this list having a chance.
    SirKently
    I agree it probably wouldn't do all too well against some armies, but I can see it working well against others. I wouldn't suggest this for a tournament but for a casual game it would be alot of fun.
    If you are determined to run this list, or looking to have a little fun I would just bounce the warhawk riders between the flanks of units charging and fleeing, and shooting until the units are weak enough to multi-charge them (and beat them) with the Glade Riders.
    --A nice little supprise for your opponent would to use a unit of 7 Warhawk riders with your Highborn (or get a noble) along for the ride with blight of terrors... (review your rule book for the mounted carvery unit strength and it will make sense) you could charge a small unit first turn and possibly cause them to flee without combat (if you outnumbner and cause fear you will be forcing them to flee if they fail their leadership test).
    --Also keep a close eye on your waywatchers as they will be the easiest victory points for your opponents .
    --It looks like its a 2000 point game so your opponents will bring some nasty units against you (ie. monsters, dragons, giants and the like). Even with killing blow shots from the waywatchers I'm not sure your could stop them.

I'm not confident that this would be a list that will make you win you the tourny but it would be a blast to play! Either way good luck, and have fun!
    Last edited by Magnitude; April 28th, 2009 at 18:02. Reason: clarified a point
    Wood Elf Fantasy Player

+ Reply to Thread