3000 points list against Lizardmen- Help Needed - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 points list against Lizardmen- Help Needed

Well as I mentioned at the end of my last battle report if anybody heres read it my next match is a grudge match against my friends lizardmen army that absolutely wiped the floor with me last time we played. this games gonig to be 1k larger than our last battle though and knowing him he will be fielding 2 engine of the gods, and upwards of 5 stegadons, he will probably use his slann though how he will outfit it I'm not sure and the rest of his points will almost certainly be made up entirely of a massive temple guard unit and saurus. Oh and it will almost guaranteed include his beloved Chakax model. Last couple of times hes just bulldozered me out of existance while attacking me with more magic that I can defend against. With the extra 1k added to this match I hat to imagine what hes likely to come up with. Im not really sure whether to go extremely shooty or for a force to try to flank him and just keep hitting from flank and rear? Yeah I dont really have any Idea about how to effectively counter lizards as woodelves despite having a lizardmen army myself. I dont really have time to write out a list now so maybe if you could check out this link for my current near 3k army list and give me some hints? Thanks for any advice.

http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ml#post1458076

Vespidian

Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?-George Bush 2000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

For lord level characters I would take an alter with the spirit sword, amaranthine brooch, and enchanted shield to be used as a stegadon assassin. Then a level 3 spellweaver with the wand of wych elm and glamourweave item to protect from spells. Maybe mount on an eagle for mobility.

For heroes, the branchwraith with level one and the cluster of radients, a level one scroll caddy, a level one glamourweave on a horse or unicorn with the wraithstone to follow the highborn alter around, and another standard alter maybe with the helm of the hunt and stone of the cyrstal mere.

For units, a couple archers, a couple dryads, and a glade rider unit. For specials, a couple wardancers and a couple wild riders for the magic resistance. One of each rare and you should be close to 3k.

That is my baseline to work off of. I think the lords are the best we can get. You want at least seven dispel dice to go with the wand, eight would be better. Keep the wraithstone near the spirit sword to help with the rolloff.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good list but my only query would be, whats to stop him just targetting a lone alter with magic, he has no magic protection and against uranons thunderbolt hes going to go down fast.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

You need to keep him out of sight if possible, and dispel anything at him first turn. If he can get to one engine of the gods and kill it, he has made his points back and weakened your opponents magic phase. magic phase.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Yes, I agree with sirkently -- you absolutely MUST take a spirit sword highborn with this list. I might consider the glamourweave item instead of the amaranthine brooch, but you may find that with a lot of magic defense it isn't an issue. Zip from steggie to steggie butchering each one with that highborn. He's good at taking out Carnosaurs too. Just remember that you roll against the target's leadership value on the profile -- NOT the leadership value of the rider or general. Following him around with a wraithstone might be a bit overkill, but it's still a clever idea nevertheless.

Definitely take a spellweaver with the wand of wych elm, a cluster branchie, and at least one more level 1 spellweaver. I'd probably do just as sirkently said and run a highborn, a spellweaver, a branchie, two spellsingers, and a standard alter. That will give you 8 rerollable dispel dice and several scrolls.

Beyond that, I'd load up on shooting. Take a lot of glade guard, some glade riders, lots of waywatchers, and a few combat units to protect your shooters.

You number one target should be his terradon riders, as they can really mess up your characters. After that, shoot whatever you want. Cold one cavalry can be a great target for waywatchers, who can also try to snipe the priests off his engines if necessary.

I'd take a unit or two of wild riders for assisting the alters in their work.

Beyond that though, just remember that the goal is to stay out of combat as much as possible except where favorable (for example, killing his stegadons with your highborn). Shoot him to pieces and run circles around his big, expensive blocks of temple guard. Use your large pool of rerollable dispel dice to weather the storm of his magic phase and you should come out on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by swarmofseals View Post
    You number one target should be his terradon riders, as they can really mess up your characters. After that, shoot whatever you want. Cold one cavalry can be a great target for waywatchers, who can also try to snipe the priests off his engines if necessary.
    Well thats a load off my mind then, he hates terradons and never uses cold one cavalry. Thanks for the continued advice.

+ Reply to Thread