Need someone to make me an army list. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need someone to make me an army list.

I am new to fantasy and I decided to play WE.

I have no idea what i should buy, all I have is the codex.

Friends I play frequently:
    Night goblins (average player)
    High Elves (this friend is a complete moron, not too worried about him being strategic)
    Dark Elves (Very experienced player, he will be difficult to outwit)
    Empire (same friend that plays the dark elves)

If anyone could help me get started I'm looking to spend around $200 and get 1000 points or more. (I'm not sure how many points that money can get me so i estimated 1000.)

*I came up with a list* I apologize for breaking the forum rules but i cant put points because i don't know what magic "extras" to give the models. I am still new to the game so please point out my errors!

Noble

Spellsinger

20 glade guard (use in groups of 10.)

12 dryads

10 glade riders (use in groups of 5)

6 waywatchers

Now i need some help with editing this list and adding things to the squads and Noble/spellsinger.

Last edited by SpiderPig; June 13th, 2009 at 21:12. Reason: New list to post

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I'd just browse the forum and see what people are building.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    399 (x8)

The Battalion box set is an excellent deal. Good starting force for the wood elves.

I'd start with that.
    Mirage Arcana Podcast
    The "A Smart Player Will..." theory is a complete paradox. If we make an assumption that everything we do is outsmarted, then theoretically we can never win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    222 (x7)

Pick up the army book and have a read, as the WE book is one of the better ones. Have a go at building an army list, as creating one yourself and receiving comments and advice about it from other is actually half the fun. If you create it yourself first, you will learn quicker and develop an understanding more easily than if someone just drops a list in front of you and says, 'Here, play this.'

But by all means do not feel you cannot look at other lists and copy and use the trends and patterns you begin to see. These will simply show which units you must take, and other combinations that work well. Do not be afraid of putting an idea into a list and getting it wrong, so to speak, as this will help you become more experienced and others will be able to tell you why so-and-so unit might not be so great.

So go ahead, try yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarsgard View Post
    The Battalion box set is an excellent deal. Good starting force for the wood elves.

I'd start with that.
    Oh, and I'd also suggest this.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I will add my voice to the get a battalion box parade. And I agree with others that you should look around the sight at the other lists already here. Find one that you like, adjust to suit yourself and then post it, and we will tell you what we would do differently.

Welcome to the forest,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Buying the army book is always a good idea, and you can't go wrong with the battalion.

That said, I'd also consider going to Ebay for a used army.

I spent $305 US and ended up with 5000 points of models (not counting upgrades and magic items).

EDIT: Also, how comfortable are you with the idea of converting models? If you are comfortable with this, then the battalion becomes an even better deal as you can convert most wood elf units out of the contents of the box.

Glade guards can be converted into Waywatchers.
    Dryads can be converted into Treekin (this is a bit more difficult).
    Glade riders can be converted into Wild Riders (this can either be very easy or quite difficult depending on how dramatic your conversion is)
    Glade riders and dryads together can also be converted into Wild Riders (see my thread on this in the main WE forum)

That leaves you with only eternal guard, wardancers, great eagles, warhawk riders, treemen, and characters. You can certainly make some characters out of the battalion parts too -- definitely branchwraiths and probably some of the elven characters as well, although the Wood Elf character models are really good, so you might want to buy some of those.
    Last edited by swarmofseals; June 13th, 2009 at 16:16.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buy a battalion,

That said, the only thing I want to add is this: Go to your local GWS and watch some games. You dont NEED to participate, just look at how things go... what units do what, how are they being used etc etc.

If you gain that knowledge, you get an understanding of the "normal" usage of certain units. Like GG, Ive never seen GG charge in the second turn And by gaining that understanding, you learn about your army and about how to use it!

For the rest, just look at how others do it, and do it differently

+ Reply to Thread