Warbands advice - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warbands advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warbands advice

this is the continuation of my warbands army. a friend and I have been playing every few weeks for almost a year, the idea is we start with a 200 pt warband and every time we increase by 25 pts plus the points for a win/loss/tie/massacre... recently his goblins and my vampire counts havn't done so good so we agreed as we both play 4 armies and rotate them that to bring them up as high points level as the other warbands we both have we'd add 100 points to bolster them up. I play wood elves, dark elves, vampire counts, and lizardmen. he plays empire, chaos (warriors), gobbos, and dwarves. now as we've hit the '500 pt limit' we're going to keep on playing them up to 1000 pt armies and maybe farther with the idea that between 500 and 1000 points you need to create full ranks ect like you were going to make a 1000 pt army but you don't need units of 10 until you hit 1000 points. also we've decided you can have up to 3 characters for a maximum point value of 300 pts total instead of the 1-2 characters and only 150 pts.

that said I need to find a way to not just get crushed again now that I have the points to play around with. his chaos and empire have magic, and his empire and dwarves have a fair arsenal of guns and bows. his empire have two untis of 2 knights and a wizard mounted, the goblins army is almost all mounted (spider riders and wold riders) but he'll be adding 100 points likely into a wizard from what I gather as his general/wizard died and he rolled double ones so he's kaputnik for the next game and needs to be replaced.

Wood Elves 325pts

Noble w/ hail of doom arrow 3 battle
    Enchanted shield: 5+ save, annoyance of netlings: only hit on rolls of 6, asyendi's bane: may re-roll all missed attacks, if a second miss then take a str 3 hit.
    Intellectual with Dictate terms, and speedy deployment

Glade guard X 5
    no penalty to move and shoot, strength 4 arrows under 1/2 range

Glade guard X 5
    no penalty to move and shoot, strength 4 arrows under 1/2 range

Wardancers X 4
    skirmish, wardances, immune pyche, talismanic tattoos, veteran status 3

Tree Kin
    forest spirit, scaly skin 4+, flamable, fear, veteran status 2

Dryads X 8
    skirmish, forest spirit, fear, veteran status 1

TOTAL =498PTS XP= 0 PTS

i just brought back two dead dryads and bought and 5 glade guard (three in one unit and two for another) and then 2 wardancers and the hail of doom arrow (again). as well I added veteran status 3 from 2 onto the wardancers

Last edited by Marius Nightbreeze; June 22nd, 2009 at 13:55.
    Army-Win-Loss-Draw-Massacre/Dark Elves-18-2-0-15/Wood Elves-3-1-0-1/Lizardmen-2-2-0-1/Vampire Counts-2-3-1-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I don't know warbands that well, but you seem to have a fine list here. Maybe try to pick up some waywatchers to have something to deal with the knights. Add a little bit to the wardancers when you have a chance. And you will need a scroll caddy soon it sounds like.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want to check out the warbands rules : http://www.warfan.net/Warbands.pdf

well as i see it by the time I hit 1000 pts I want to have the wardancers at 8, a unit of 5 waywatchers (as we use a fair amount of scenery) bring the dryads up to 12 and either meld the archers together as one unit and up to 14 in the unit OR two units of ten depending on points. maybe add a spellsinger to help dispell his empire use of fire magic. and the treekin will basically be thrown into as much combat as possible and if he die he dies because I don't want to spent another 130 points to buy two more. but if he does good then maybe I will, we'll see.
    Army-Win-Loss-Draw-Massacre/Dark Elves-18-2-0-15/Wood Elves-3-1-0-1/Lizardmen-2-2-0-1/Vampire Counts-2-3-1-1

+ Reply to Thread