2250 Comped tourny...possible army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 Comped tourny...possible army

This massacred an Engine/Slann lizard army. great game. how well would do against others?

Lords/Heroes
    Highborn – Oaken Armour, Stone of the Crystal Mere, Sword of Might, Forest Dragon – 565pts
    Spellsinger – Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll – 140pts
    Spellsinger – Dispel Scroll, Dispel Scroll – 140pts

Core
    5 Glade Riders - Musician – 129pts
    10 Glade Guard – 120pts
    10 Glade Guard – 120pts
    9 Dryads – 108pts
    8 Dryads – 96pts

Special
    3 Treekin – 195pts
    8 Wardancers – Musician – 151pts
    8 Wardancers – Musician – 151pts

Rare
    Treeman – 285pts
    Great Eagle – 50pts

2250pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Looks strong. I'd probably switch the treekin for 6 wild riders with musician, standard bearer, and war banner (dropping a musician somewhere else to make up the difference), but that's just my personal taste =) -- treekin are good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah i know theyre rock hard but i was kinda trying to steer away from wild riders. the treekin are really resilient even with just 3 of them. i felt they gave an added combat threat to the army. also thy work wonderfull in tandem with the treeman.

i did miss the wild riders though i will have to convert some from plastic!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

As I said on another post, I really don't like having a dragon without something to keep up with it. Wild riders, warhawk riders, and eagles can help it out quickly. And I think having a sword of might isn't optimal. A spear would give you the same strength on the charge, and hopefully you won't be in protracted combats as you get to pick your targets.

I think the rest of the list is an excellent combat list. I just don't like the dragon in with them. It is one of those tests where you have to pick out what doesn't fit. But that being said if it works for you go for it.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have an eagle and im going out today to but glade riders and beastmen to convert into 2 units of wild riders. what would you suggest in place of the SoM?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    60 (x2)

As far as the list goes, I like it a lot.

I reckon if you stick the lord on an eagle instead of a dragon you'll lose some combat punch but make up for it in survivability. Stick with the SoM. There aren't any magical combat weapons in the Wood Elf army that are as good value for the points. That said, I usually just use great weapons with my characters on foot, and I have built my own Highborn on Dragon with a Spear and Shield so perhaps there's logic in what SirKently says.

Also, I would recommend dropping a Dryad from the bigger unit and putting musicians in your Glade Guard units - I always take them and they always work well.

However, these are minor points that come down to personal preference I think.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value. - Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

If you want a magic weapon, about the only one I would consider is the dawnspear. Other than that, just stick with a normal shield and use the points for other magic items.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks a very nice list i agree a unit of WROK with standard and a battle standard should be good.
    Ive been finding it hard agienst lissies for some time now just cos there new and i dont really know how to go about it i will try this list tom and see how it goes.
    Thanks very much for the list GL
    Cidenboulve

+ Reply to Thread