Librarium Online Forums banner

2000point dragon list

584 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  sirkently 
#1 · (Edited)
any feedback is welcome

heroes/lords

1x highborn,LA,shield,SOTCM,spear of twilight,annoyance of netlings,forest dragon

1x noble,alter kindred,GW,LA,shield,HOTH,HODA

1x spellsinger,2x dispell scroll

core

10x glade gaurd

10x glade gaurd

8x dryads

8x dryads

special

7x wardancers,musician

7x wardancers,musician

6x wildriders,standard,warbanner

rare

1x great eagle

1x great eagle

total : 1995

i quess i could switch out a unit of wardancers for a unit of glade riders to bait units with but it might be ok as is

See less See more
#2 ·
any feedback is welcome

heroes/lords

1x highborn,LA,shield,SOTCM,spear of twilight,annoyance of netlings,forest dragon
For some reason i never liked AoN on my dragon as it does not protect the dragon. Im not saying it is bad by any means, ive used it. There just might be better choices
1x noble,alter kindred,GW,LA,shield,HOTH,HODA
good
1x spellsinger,2x dispell scroll
good
core

10x glade gaurd

10x glade gaurd

8x dryads

8x dryads
Core looks good
special

7x wardancers,musician

7x wardancers,musician

6x wildriders,standard,warbanner
Special looks good
rare

1x great eagle

1x great eagle
I dont think WE have bad rare choices, three big flyers scootin around.
total : 1995

i quess i could switch out a unit of wardancers for a unit of glade riders to bait units with but it might be ok as is
Pretty solid list.

#3 ·
I'd probably equip the dragon differently but that's about it. SotCM is ideal only against armies that have a lot of cannons (if you want, I did a very extensive analysis of the dragon highborn which you can probably still find on the main Wood Elf forum). Against armies with other types of shooting, you probably want the glamourweave item.

I also agree with midvalley about the annoyance of netlings. It's still an OK choice, but you might be able to do better.

If you are expecting lots of cannons, go ahead and take the setup you are using. Otherwise, I'd suggest something like:

1. Oaken Armor, Glamourweave/Amaranthine Brooch, Sword of Might

2. Enchanted Shield, Glamourweave/Amaranthine Brooch, Spear of Twilight

3. Oaken Armor, Merciw's Locus, Annoyance of Netlings

The first is an all-purpose defensive setup. The sword of might is optional and can be dropped for a regular spear if you want to save the points. The second is a bit more powerful offensively but loses a lot more in defense than it gains in offense. The final one is particularly good against armies that rely on strength bonuses in close combat -- any army that is relatively light on shooting but carries a lot of great weapons/lances/spears/halberds is a good call.

As far as Glamourweave vs. Amaranthine Brooch -- Glamourweave is better against Dwarves (but not if they take lots of cannons -- if they take lots of cannons take the SotCM) and heavy magic offense armies, Amaranthine Brooch is better against magic light armies.

#4 ·
I will agree with others here. The list is fine, though I too would change the highborns items. I like the dawnspear myself as it helps out other units, and along with merciw's locus, everyone is hitting on 6's, not just a challenged enemy. Or use the amaranthine brooch to protect the rider as you hit rank and file troops, avoiding any characters around that could cause you problems.

Good luck,
SirKently

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.