2003 pt Wood Elf Team-Support List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    F i
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2003 pt Wood Elf Team-Support List

This is only my second list but I like it already not too sure though. I wanted advice before i spent $270 ( £160 ) on stuff, obviously.
    Any point corrections are welcome.
    Here it goes:

Lord- 345 pt

Highborn
    • Wild Rider Kin
    • Great Stag
    • Annoyance of Netlings
    • Dawnspear
    • Elynett's Brooch
    • Merciw's Locus
    Lord's Unit- 173 pt

Wild Riders x 5 models
    • Musician
    • Standard - War Banner
    Hero 1- 129 pt

Noble
    • Light Armour
    • Sheild
    • Hunters Talon
    • Starfire Arrows
    Hero 1's Unit (Support Fire Line 1) - 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman
    Hero 2- 140 pt

Spellsinger
    • Dispel Scroll x 2
    Hero 2's Unit (Support Fire Line 2) - 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman
    Support Fire Line 3- 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman
    Command Support- 138 pt

Glade Riders x 5
    • Musician
    • Horse Master
    Combat Line Support- 138 pt

Glade Riders x 5
    • Musician
    • Horse Master
    Combat Line 1- 108 pt

Dryads x 8
    • Branch Nymph
    Combat Line 2 - 108 pt

Dryads x 8
    • Branch Nymph
    Combat Line 3 - 201 pt

Wardancers x 10
    • Musician
    • Blade Singer
    War Machine Tieing - 100 pt

2 x Separate Great Eagles

I got a total of 1993. Might be out, any advice?

Thanks, Tom.

Last edited by F i; November 29th, 2009 at 20:29.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Comments in red
    Quote Originally Posted by F i View Post
    This is only my second list but I like it already not too sure though. I wanted advice before i spent $270 ( £160 ) on stuff, obviously.
    Any point corrections are welcome.
    Here it goes:

Lord- 345 pt

I havn't found lord choices to be particularly useful with wild riders, usually hero versions are just as powerful, and then you can use your lord slot for an alter or a spellweaver for super magic defence.
    Highborn
    • Wild Rider Kin
    • Great Stag There is some debate and a few threads around here about how useful a great stag is. Personally I prefer just giving characters elven steeds, but you can check out the other threads about great stag vs elven steed here and decide for yourself
    • Annoyance of Netlings Always Handy
    • Dawnspear A nice spear for a wild rider guy
    • Elynett's Brooch Wild Riders are immune to psychology, so you will never have to roll a psychology test, let alone reroll one
    • Merciw's Locus Bad idea, you won't get the +1 strength on the charge from your spear which is very important
    Lord's Unit- 173 pt

Wild Riders x 5 models good solid unit
    • Musician
    • Standard - War Banner
    Hero 1- 129 pt

Noble
    • Light Armour
    • Sheild
    • Hunters Talon
    • Starfire Arrows
    Hunters talon fires nonmagical arrows, so starfire arrows wouldn't work with it. I would reccomend switching this guy out for the standard alter noble build. Great Weapon, Light armor, shield, Hail of Doom arrow and Helm of The hunt. He is very mobile, hits like a small truck, and can wipe out a single lightly armored unit with the HoDA.

Hero 1's Unit (Support Fire Line 1) - 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman +1 BS isn't worth the points, champ not needed
    Hero 2- 140 pt

Spellsinger
    • Dispel Scroll x 2 Scroll caddys are always very handy and pretty much required without a spellweaver with the wand of wych elm
    Hero 2's Unit (Support Fire Line 2) - 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman Again, champ isnt worth the points
    Support Fire Line 3- 132 pt

Glade Guard x 10
    • Musician
    • Lord's Bowman Champ not worth points
    Command Support- 138 pt

Glade Riders x 5
    • Musician
    • Horse Master champ not worth points
    Combat Line Support- 138 pt

Glade Riders x 5
    • Musician
    • Horse Master champ not worth points
    Combat Line 1- 108 pt

Dryads x 8
    • Branch Nymph Dryad champs are debatable, the +1 attack is always nice but they can get ripped up in challenges since magic weapons negate the ward save. I usually only take champs when I am putting a branchwraith without annoyance of neetings in the unit and need to protect her from challenges.
    Combat Line 2 - 108 pt

Dryads x 8
    • Branch Nymph see above
    Combat Line 3 - 201 pt

Wardancers x 10 ten is a little big for a unit of wardancers, usually they will rank up 7 wide in combat, and you don't get rank bonuses, so usually it is best to limit their size to 7-8 strong
    • Musician
    • Blade Singer champs here are fine
    War Machine Tieing - 100 pt

2 x Separate Great Eagles eagles are great

I got a total of 1993. Might be out, any advice?

Thanks, Tom.
    It looks like a good start to a list but it could use some tweaking. I would reccomend switching the lordship to your noble and making him an alter. If you want a really shooty guy, the machiene gun alter with the Bow of Loren and Arcane bodkins and some other protection items of your choosing can be very effective, shooting 5 armor negating shots per turn, while still being able to charge 18" and deliver 5 S6 attacks when needed. A wild rider noble with just the dawnspear will be well enough on his own to do lots of killing.
    I noticed you only have 3 characters, any thoughts on picking up a 4th to bring you to the max limit?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I agree with what Mr. tbeckett has said. I would add that getting a champ in the unit of wild riders to go with the highborn would give him some protection from challenges.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

F i
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re-think

Ok, I've played it safe.

Highborn - 295
    Great weapon
    Alter Kin
    Light Armour
    Sheild
    Bow of Loren
    Arcane Bodkins
    Helm of the Hunt
    Elynett's Brooch

Noble - 158
    Alter Kin
    Great Weapon
    Light Armour
    Sheild
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Helm of the Hunt

Spell Singer - 140
    Dispel Scroll x 2

Spell Singer - 140
    Dispel Scroll x 2

Wild Riders x 6 - 217
    Musician
    Standard - War Banner
    Wild Hunter

Glade Guard x 10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard x 10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard x 10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Riders x 5 - 129
    Musician

Glade Riders x 5 - 129
    Musician

Dryads x 8 - 96

War Dancers x 7 - 147
    Musician
    Blade Singer

War Dancers x 8 - 165
    Musician
    Blade Singer

I got 1996 pts. Pretty standard and I need advice on using an Alter since I have no clue =/
    Thanks, Tom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Looks like a pretty solid list. Only problem is you have two helm of the hunts and you can only have one of a certain magic item per army (except dispell scrolls and power stones).
    I would drop it off of the highborne, I would also drop the Elynett's broach because at LD10 he is not likly to fail psychology tests. With the points you get back, you might want to give him either Glamourweave to protect him vs shooting and magic missiles and a bit in combat, or the Amaranthine Broach to protect against non magical attacks.

As for using an alter, The lord machine gun alter should be sent after heavily armored things, but try to avoid really high tougness things, as his arrows are still only S3 eventhough they negate armor. Try to keep him from being charged, and if possible keep him out of LoS from enemy casters, warmachines and shooters. Mathamatically his shooting will kill 2 toughness 3 things assuming they dont have armor or regen saves. If you are facing some heavy cavalry, this alter can be very effective at takeing them out. For the most part this guy will be shooting at things, but don't be afraid to send him in on 18" a flank charge to give that extra few wounds you need to win combat.

As for the second alter, I usually fire off the Hail of Doom arrow the first turn, but you can wait til later, its a matter of choice. It should be fired off at a low armor unit. Fast cavalry is usually the best target if you opponent has any. A character inside of a light armor unit is also a nice juicy target. I usually look for what is the biggest threat to me, and if they are not very armored I will shoot it at them. If you want to shoot it at skirmishers or something inside of cover, you might want to move up to short range before firing so you still hit on 2+. Once you have shot off the HoDA, this alter will be doing alot of charging, but try not to charge him alone, unless he is hiting a small weak unit, like a warmachine or a unit of 5 fast cav. Flank charges are best (with +1 attack and +1WS), for less or no attacks back (if there are attacks back remember you are at WS7 on the charge, so WS3 hits you on 5s), but remember that since he is not unit strength 5, he will not negate rank bonuses and will not get +1 combat res. He is a great guy to charge in the flank when you have someone charging in the front or other flank, but if you are charging him in solo, be sure that he can get enough wounds to over come any static combat res the opposing unit has.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would add that you actually have to get rid of the brooch as it is an enchanted item as is the arcane bodkins, so you can't have both.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread