tips on 500 point tree list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tips on 500 point tree list

he there, I was thinking it would be fun to create a warband of 500 points with only tree type models. Could anybody help me out with some advice on this?
    Dont really care if the list is really good, its not for tournaments just to play with friends.

Ow and if you havnt noticed yet, im new to WE's

thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Hex
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x2)

-Spellsinger
    -2-3 units of dryads
    -Unit of treekin.

^that's what your list is going to look like, paint the spellsinger as a tree or something
    "Well... that hurt" - Vampire Jon Skellan (Mannfred's right hand man) after being beaten up, falling down an underground waterfall and being impaled by a stalactite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the spellsinger has some amazing models indeed, wont be a shame to take on of those
    would you recommand any upgrades on it or just take is as it is?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would leave out the treekin... and take more dryads instead

treekin are pretty expensive and are therefore rarely seen in an 1000pts battle... so using them in a 500pts battle will be a bit... well over the top? So I recommend dropping the treekin and take more dryads.

About the spellsinger, depends... if you are going against magic heavy armies I would recommend giving her 2 dispell scrolls to give you a fighting change. If you want to go in with some offensive magic, give make her lvl 2 and give her the deepwoodsphere or calaignors stave.

Ow and maybe instead of a spellsinger, you could take branchwraith, upgrade her to a lvl 1 mage and give her some offensive magic items. If you do so you have an caster that has an high survivability rate (higher than the singer) and that is able to do some combat damage!!

Hope this helps

PS: you could also field a singel treeman and a spellsinger ... not sure if that is a army with potential though
    Last edited by TheGuiding; December 2nd, 2009 at 17:35. Reason: branchwraith!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wish that was possible! would have loved to have a treeman in it, but warband rules are that you have at least 2 core units in the army. It could work then it would be something like this:

-Spellsinger (no addiotions)
    -Dryads 5x
    -Dryads 5x
    -Treeman

total would be 495 points. would something like that even work?

Normaly we dont use magic (right now) to keep it simple. Most of us havnt played for a while so we keep it at a slow pace.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

For warbands, if you want a tree list, I would go with 1-2 treekin, a bunch of dryads, a great eagle, and a branchwraith.

You would be fairly good at combat, have a little magic defense, and a couple of nice monsters.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know about the 2 core units rule... I was just messing.

A treeman is a concentration of points. I mean that if the enemy ignores him, you have half your army watching from the sideline. If he falls, you lost the battle even before it begun! So thats why treeman aren't really good in a 500pts battle. You could field them in 1000pts, but only against specific enemy's!

So back to your list, any idea on who you are going to fight? I would recommend what Sirkently said, but I would leave out the treekin. They are expensive to buy, expensive to field, and they always lose on Combat Resolution! (no banner, outranked, outnumbered... etc) That mean you need to make at least 2 wounds just to get even!!

Ah well its a bit what you want but this would be my list:

Branchwraith 65

Spellsinger 90

Dryads 6x 84
    Branchnymph
    Dryads 6x 72
    Dryads 6x 72
    Dryads 6x 72

Great Eagle 50

You have a lot of units that also pack a punch, as well as cause fear. Then you also have march blocking, anti-/ pro- magic and a hero to pump out more attacks (you can put the wraith in the unit with the nymph for challenge purposes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounds like a nice setup lots of models, kind of what im used to with orcs n goblins which I normaly play. (play style will be a lot different I guess)

Ill mostly play high elves and goblins (sometimes he puts a few orcs in there) and maybe warriors of chaos on occasions but thats rare.

if im correct this setup would be 505 points? if they will whine about that I could just drop 1 dryad I guess?

On the treeman subject, I got the same problem with the giant for OnG except that it only costs 205 points. I might use it in a 500 point battle (havnt yet) just for laughs, see what happens my guess will be that all ranged units will target him starting turn one, same problem you would have with a treeman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it indeed is 505, you could instead of a dryad, drop the branchnymph.

I think this list will work against the gobo's, against HE... I don't know. Is the HE player heavy magic, ranged or more close combat? If magic you got a problem with the dryads since they have no saves against magic... then again wit ha T4 they should survive the way over towards the mage... if CC well thats not a problem either. IF your enemy's field a lot of ranged I think you better do the same and get up and close (you get S4 on your GG bows on close range).

About the playstyle, yeah true! WE focus mainly on shooting and running. Thats why we have two types of fast cav, and why even our trees have M5. We can outrun and outmanouvre our enemies... but up close and personal, well maybe Wardancers stand a change but the rest is pretty much a gonner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one easy thing, no magic at this point this is something we all agreed on to ease things up in the beginning. (would a spellsinger still be a viable option at this point?)

HE mostly play with a unit of bowmen and a repeater bolttrower.
    the rest is a unit of spearmen, swordmen and whitelions. kind off evenly distributed. Last time I was up against him with OnG I experienced that the ranged troops didnt cause that many casualties but the white lions cleaned out 2 full units of boys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast