Librarium Online Forums banner

2k Tournament

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Kizmit 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is a list I was thinking of running in a 2k tournament in march.

Highborn: Alter, Light Armour
Spirit Sword, Amaranthine Brooch, Enchanted Shield

Noble: Light Armour, Shield, Great Weapon
Amber Pendant, Talisman of Protection

Spellsinger: Steed
Wraithstone

Spellsinger:
Dispel Scroll, Deepwood Sphere

Glade Guard: 10
Glade Guard: 10
Scouts: 6
Glade Riders: 5 w/musician

Wardancers: 8 /singer, musician
Wardancers: 7
Warhawk Riders: 3
Warhawk Riders: 3

Waywatchers: 10
Great Eagle

So here are the stipulations for the list.

1. No forest spirits
2. No hail of doom arrow
3. No warbanner

Just trying to keep my comp score up. The comp rules will keep magic sort of under control so it isn't too big a concern for me I don't think.

Lets here what you have to say.

SirKently

See less See more
#3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I agree with you about the talisman, but I couldn't think of anything else to spend the points on. Any ideas?

Basically the noble is there with the pendant to somewhat protect the dancers from a charge.

SirKently

#6 ·
Unfortunately, I can't afford the helm with the magic point limit. I would have to replace the amber pendant, and I really like that. One option I was considering was dropping the talisman and a scout, and giving him the wardancer kindred. But then I would lose the great sword, which works so well with the amber pendant.

SirKently

#7 ·
Unfortunately, I can't afford the helm with the magic point limit.
Hmm. You're right. And yeah, I agree with you entirely about the amber pendant. I love that item, I never regret taking it when i do.

And I agree with you about the wardancer kin. The great sword is just too efficient with the pendant. Beyond that, you'd have to dig up 35pts somewhere.

Would you find more use with musicians for the glade guard than you would with a 6+ ward?

#11 ·
Hi,

Quick questions, does the negative part of the spirit sword not occur if you kill all of the models wounded by the sword? i.e. if you are fighting a unit of 25 soldiers and kill 4 of them, and they die from their wounds, do you have to do the leadership check against the rest of the unit, or does this only happen against models and heroes that do not die outright from your attack?

Also, how do you keep an alter alive if it is unable to join units? This goes back to my issues with mass repeater bolt thrower fire and such.

Thanks,

Kiz

#12 · (Edited)
Sir Kently,

I was wondering about some of the magic items being discussed. What do you think about the Spirit Sword, Helm of the hunt, and Merciw's Locus? You lose the ward save, but opponents lose any strength bonus from Great Weapons, Lances or magic weapons and you still have a 4+ armor save. One more weapon skill and one more attack on the charge. Would the ward save be better even though it does nothing to protect you from magical attacks? I have little confidence in that forest spirit style ward save after just being eaten by the daemons where all attacks are magical.

What about Spirit Sword, Helm of the Hunt and Annoyance of Nettlings? Where is your best protection from the largest number of threats you are likely to encounter?

Mind you that 3+ Ward Save would be handy while trying to dodge the repeater bolt thrower multi shots.... What did you decide to go with?

One last thing. I was wondering what your experience was with the warhawk riders and how you use them best. I love the concept, but every time I look at their stat line, I just don't see how they can survive long enough to get to warmachines and such. With two wounds, no armour and toughness 3 how can they survive long enough to earn their points back? Do you hide them until later on in the battle, or do they get out there from turn one? I see you are using two units of 3 so they can't be as bad as I anticipate. How do you plan to use them?

Thanks,

Kiz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.