2250 pts. friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2250 pts. friendly

I'm starting to make out a 2250 Points list and need some advice. Have this setup in mind (just need the figures)

Lords:

Highborn
    Elven steed
    Wild rider kindred
    Armour of the fey
    Dawnspear
    Murder of spites
    =302

Heroes:

Noble
    Alter kindred
    Light armour
    Shield
    Great Weapon
    Hail of doom Arrow
    Helm of the hunt
    =158

Spellsinger lvl 1.
    2x Dispel scroll
    =140

Branchwraith
    lvl 1 Wizard
    Befudlement of mischiefs
    Cluster of Radiants
    =165

Core:

10X Glade guard =120

10X Glade Guard =120

8X Dryads w/ Branchnymph =108 (Branchwraith goes in here)

8X Dryads =96

5X Glade Riders =120

Special:

7 Wardancers =126

5 Wild Riders w/full command =166 (Highborn goes in this unit)

3 Warhawk riders =120

Rare

Treeman =285

9X Waywatchers w/sentinel =224

That equals 2250 pts total.

I think about using the alter and warhawks to snipe out any warmachines and characters that the enemy have and harass his lines. the hail of doom hoepfully does its job to take out my opponents must valuable units or maybe an unguarded character. The wild Treeman holds my opponent in place while i flank with dryads and wardancers and maybe rears him using the warhawk riders while my Wild riders and possibly Glade riders run around harrassing his flanks if they are exposed.

The spellsinger goes with one of the glade guards and works basicly just as a spell caddy and to have the extra dispel dice. And if it goes through, the tree singing can help me. (or fury of the forest if i roll it when choosing spell).

Any suggestions to changes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think about maybe removing the glade riders for another unit of glade guards or remove the glade riders and a waywatcher for another wardancer unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

come on guys! I really need other peoples opinion to my list before i go out and get the figures.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks solid to me, i play with an army similar to this one

i play against all different kinds of armies and find that with that little amount of magic in my army i am usually wanting more, still trying to figure how to squeeze another level of magic r two in
    do you need the branchnymph, especially if the branchwraith is in the same unit? can you free up 35 points and make the spellsinger a level 2?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I dont see a use for a single lvl2 spellsinger for a 2250pts list... You will get his butt dispelled by almost all armies out there (not even counting the chance of facing a MH army)!

I would keep the Glade Guard as a support unit for the wild riders You will need them both if you want to take on the bulky units!

You might want to drop the warhawks for another unit of Wardancers. The Warhawks are always a bit tricky, you are never sure if they work... But they are great for War machine hunting (just like the waywatchers). The wardancers do a lot of hurting! You can lock an enemy into place with a Glade Rider or Wild Rider unit, and have a troupe of Wardancers charge them the next turn! That makes sure of their destruction.

I never fielded an Wild Rider Highborne, I myself are more a fan of the arcane bodkins set-up (Highborn w/ Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Great Eagle, Alter Kindred and some protection).
    That is a pretty damn good shooting unit that flies!

The rest of your list looks solid! I would definitely keep the waywatchers btw those are great against almost anything with armour!
    Last edited by TheGuiding; March 11th, 2010 at 13:25.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get rid of the war hawk riders for defo and the nymph and get another unit of wardancers.

also you might want to try swaping your lord 4 a noble with a similar set up to go with your wild riders and swaping your spell singer to a weaver with the wand of wych elm or 2 dis scroll if your getting own in the magic phase. if its not to bad then leave as is? cos 5 DD and two scroll isnt to bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played with the list with some borrowed units today..

I'll drop the warhawks. They only killed two demonettes and managed to just barely claim a table quarter. Althoug i pretty much got massacred i managedto get it to a major defeat insted thanks to a dryad unit and the wildrider unit. My centre and left flank was anihilated all except the warhawks that fled around the map and took a table quarter. While on my right flank i had dryads waywatchers and the wild riders. The destroyed a unit of flesh hounds a chariot, flamers and another demon unit and contested two table quarters because of a very anoying bloodthirster that btw killed my treeman, alter noble, wardancers, glade guards and spellsinger. I got it down to 1 wound though^^

So i'll drop the warhawks and the branchnymph for a wardancer unit.

Lords:

Highborn
    Elven steed
    Wild rider kindred
    Armour of the fey
    Dawnspear
    Murder of spites
    =308

Heroes:

Noble
    Alter kindred
    Light armour
    Shield
    Great Weapon
    Hail of doom Arrow
    Helm of the hunt
    =158

Spellsinger lvl 1.
    2x Dispel scroll
    =140

Branchwraith
    lvl 1 Wizard
    Befudlement of mischiefs
    Cluster of Radiants
    =165

Core:

10X Glade guard =120

10X Glade Guard =120

8X Dryads =96

8X Dryads =96

5X Glade Riders =120

Special:

7 Wardancers =126

7 Wardancers =126

5 Wild Riders w/full command =166 (Highborn goes in this unit)

Rare:

Treeman =285

9X Waywatchers w/sentinel =224

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zachmonkeyman View Post

also you might want to try swaping your lord 4 a noble with a similar set up to go with your wild riders and swaping your spell singer to a weaver with the wand of wych elm or 2 dis scroll if your getting own in the magic phase. if its not to bad then leave as is? cos 5 DD and two scroll isnt to bad
    If i do that i'll go over the allowed magical item points for the wild rider guy.. So i'll keep it the way it is. at least for now, but i'll keep it in mind though

+ Reply to Thread