1500 campaign battle vs WoC - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 campaign battle vs WoC

Me and a mate are playing a campaign we made up already one battle in with me beating him with a massicore ☺ now we are up to 1500 points and I got a bonus of an extra rare slot. Also we are playing secrect missions and the one I am playing on in our next game is assassination where I get an extra 100 VP for every character I kill.

He is playing with Warriors of chaos and his list is gonna be along the lines of 2 lots of maruders on horses as light cav 2 units of knights maruders on foot 15 strong a couple of lvl 1 or 2’s and a fighting hero maybe a spawn as well

So here’s my list to try and win the game and get the secret misson aswell wot do you think and oppions would be great.

Noble - 158
    -Helm of the Hunt
    -Great Weapon
    -Light Armour
    -Shield

Branch wraith lvl 1 - 140
    Cluster of radiants

Spell singer lvl 1 - 147
    Glamour-weave kindred
    Steed
    scroll

Glade Guard x 10 – 120

Glade Guard x 10 – 120

Dryads x 10 – 120

Wardancers x 10– 180

Tree man – 285

Waywatchers x 10 – 240

PD 4
    DD 5

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE-Worked

Noble - 158
    -Helm of the Hunt
    -Great Weapon
    -Light Armour
    -Shield

-Cluster of radiants

Spell singer lvl 1 - 90

Glade Guard x 11 - 132

Glade Guard x 10 -120

wardancers x 7 -126

Wardancers x 9– 162

Tree man – 285

Tree man -285

PD 4
    DD 5

I played a game with this list and it didnt go to well i have made some alterations to the list wot do you think any thing i need or something i dont need? any suggestion?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Drop a Treeman, and get some Dryads! You can use the dryads to support charge together with either the treeman or the wardancers...

Also 8 Fear causers per unit (talking about dryads here) can do a lot of hurt when facing smaller groups of enemy's...

I think the waywatchers are good if you get them in close range with the knights or the hero, he should feel that. If you are getting smashed by the magic, then give the spellsinger 2x DD... I know those are not reusable, but in case he gets something off that destroys your army on a 2+ with reroll.

I think both lists look fine! Altough I would add the dryads (skirmishers, 4+ ward, Fear, T4, S4, A2) they are pretty bad ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like a good plan. but i was thinking he gives most of his units imune to phyc so the fear doesnt work in my favor but to help support the charges will be usefull and get the WW near his knights with the alter to to get them down. ok thanks ill give that a try

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IMO you have enough combat units, drop one of the 2 treemen and get 2 units of 5 glade riders. With these you can get round the sides, (you will beat his fast cav if he has any) then you can flank/rear charge to kill his rank bonus' (you cant do this with dryads cos they are skirmishers).

this gives you umm, 285-240 = 45 points spare. Get a disple scroll on your mage and another grlade guard to make two grps of 11.

Make 7+9 wardancers into 8+8

another note - i only take waywatchers in 2k+ battles so i can use a Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins on a Lord, and the waywatchers together.. this is the way to open tinmen at range.

Final note - if you opponent is a point denial army (lots of heavy armour etc) thenyou probably wont kill 'everything' make sure you put everything you have into killing a few expensive units - even if you leave his other units on full health - you want to 'bag' VPs
    Last edited by adj200; March 11th, 2010 at 19:34.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Noble - 158
    -Helm of the Hunt
    -Great Weapon
    -Light Armour
    -Shield

-Cluster of radiants

Spell singer lvl 1 - 115
    scroll

Glade Guard x 11 - 132

Glade Guard x 11 -132

Glade riders x 5- 120

Glade riders x 5- 120

wardancers x 8 -144

Wardancers x 8– 144

Tree man – 285

so the list looks like this then i take it for deployment put each unit of glade riders on each flank and use the WD and tree man to get front charges and get the glade riders in rear/flank with the GG on a hill or strung out taking out what ever comes there way while the two mages hide in woods.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I were you, I'd swap the treeman with some treekin.(3-4)
    You should use some dryads as well, they're cheap for what they can do so have at least 1 unit of those (10 -12 )

keep only 1 unit of glad guard ( to shoot down his warhounds if he uses. many do. )
    drop the other unit.

keep the wardancers and the rest as it is. see what happens. it should make a big difference. seeing now ull actually have a lot of punch even against chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by miawmiaw1 View Post
    If I were you, I'd swap the treeman with some treekin.(3-4)
    You should use some dryads as well, they're cheap for what they can do so have at least 1 unit of those (10 -12 )

keep only 1 unit of glad guard ( to shoot down his warhounds if he uses. many do. )
    drop the other unit.

keep the wardancers and the rest as it is. see what happens. it should make a big difference. seeing now ull actually have a lot of punch even against chaos.
    Speaking of which, I am a WoC player : ) I never played with Wood Elves but I came up with this armylist and I think it is very suited to fighting a 1,500 Points WoC army !

Check it out ->

Wood Elf Noble* : 134 pts
    w/ An Annoyance of Netlings
    w/ War Dancer Kindred, Additional Hand Weapon

( This guy is attached to one of the WD units and is effectively to take out the enemy general, remember WoC characters MUST challenge whenever possible. With that in mind, I equipped your own general in a way that you can beat his easily. He will only be able to hit you on 6s and then you have your War Dancer Kindred. Enough said ! )

Branchwraith* : 90 pts
    w/ A cluster of Radiants

( This girl is attached to one of the Dryad units, generates 1 Dispel dice just in case and adds more punch. )

Spellsinger : 140 pts
    w/ 2 Dispel scrolls

( Scroll Caddy )

10 Dryads* : 120 pts

10 Dryads : 120 pts

10 Glade Guard : 120 pts
    ( To wipe out his fast cav and warhounds ! )

3 Treekin : 195 pts

8 Wardancers* : 144 pts

8 Wardancers : 144 pts

Treeman : 285 pts

Note.

So practically what I did was give you 4 skirmishing units ( so he cant flank you ever ! more likely you will flank him if you play well)

3 treekin to act as power bunkers and same for treekin.

Hope you like this.Because I do : P ( This is also the first ever Wood Elf army I made lol so hope you are successful with this one. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think miaw's list is pretty good. I would drop the units of dryads to 8, and I wouldn't field the treekin... field more units of dryads,
    and another shooting unit (either Waywatchers or Glade guard.).

Then first round shoot at him, second round as well make sure all the fast flanking units are close to death before you start thinking about combat. Use the treeman and the dryads to freeze units and use the wardancers to wipe them out. Also use the wardancers with another unit of dryads to get to his army general. But make sure that you whittle down that unit before you charge, its probably a big block of tin cans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm gonna agree with miaw's list, only change I could think of, is to drop some sort of Tree thing for a bit more mobile flanker, like Wild Riders. Aside from that, definitely don't go with an alter against WoC. WE players tend to depend on alters lately, but against all combat armies, they don't do nearly as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast