<2000 2000 Point Friendly - Brand New to this so C&C Welcome! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Point Friendly - Brand New to this so C&C Welcome!

I just recently got into WFB (about one month ago), and the better half and I bought the Battle for Skull Pass and used that to learn the basic gameplay... but the Wood Elves caught my eye from the second I saw the battalion on the shelf at GW and I've been bound and determined to play them since!

Some friends of mine are also playing and have convinced me to try and put together a 2000 point list to play with Lords and whatnot. It's quite a bit bigger than the little 500 and 1000 point lists I was making for practice, but I'm hoping that maybe I'm on the right track? On a side note, I'm pretty much exclusively playing against DoC, with the occasional WoC and Lizardmen. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated, since I'm sure I've probably messed up somewhere!

Alter Lord (280)
    * Bow of Loren* Arcane Bodkins* Glamourweave* Enchanted Shield

Alter Noble (15
    * Light Armor* Shield* Great Weapon* Hail of Doom Arrow* Helm of the Hunt

Spellsinger (90)
    * Dispel Scroll x 2

Spellsinger (90)
    * Dispel Scroll x 2

Glade Guard x 10 (132)
    * Lord's Bowman* Musician

Glade Guard x 10 (126)
    * Lord's Bowman

Dryads x 8 (96)

Dryads x 8 (96)

Wild Rider x 6 (156)

Wild Rider x 6 (156)

Wardancers x 9 (169)
    * Musician

Warhawk Riders x 3 (120)

Waywatchers x 7 (176)
    * Shadow Sentinel

Great Eagle (50)

I'm thinking that maybe I'm too short on "shooty" units? I've definitely noticed that I need all the dispel scrolls I can get, especially against DoC. Any suggestions on what I could do better?

Last edited by Kesryn; March 24th, 2010 at 00:08. Reason: Forums ate my formatting!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your lord choices look good.

The core choices are OK, but i would really dro the lords bowman. It's really no point in having him. It's just one shot that hits easier then the 10 others. So drop tham and get a musician for the second unit as well.

The wild riders are super awesome, but against demons i prefer using a second wardancer squad instead, but it's really your choice. Now.. The warhawks are reallyhard to learn how to play with, so i would drop them. Get Some more wardancers or an extra glade guard unit instead. Or get a unit of 5 glade riders as they are excelent march blockers and can run around harrassing your enemies.

If you play a lot against demons i would definatelly get som more waywatchers though.. They are extremelly good at taking out those flamers that you opponent is no doubt going to have. They have killing blow and that destroys them as they take out two wounds for each unsaved 6 you get when you wound.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So i would do this: Drop the warhawkriders and get another wardancer unit with 8 guys. Also drop the other group down to 8 and drop the musician. Now you should have enough points to get another waywatcher.

If that doesnt work i would also try to drop one of riderunits and replace it with a glade rider unit with 5 guys and a musician. Fill up the watchers to 10 and drop the sentinel. Use any remaining points to add extra guys to the glade guards.

If you want anytips to how to fight those demons just contact me. I've made up quite a few strategies as i play them all the time ;D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the feedback! Your suggestions make a lot of sense - I suppose it's pretty easy when you're new to this to try to take a bit of everything... though it certainly seems a better idea of capitalize on strengths like the Waywatchers.

I will most definitely message you! I've had decent success against the Lizardmen but it seems with the Daemons I'm just at a loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kesryn View Post
    I just recently got into WFB (about one month ago), and the better half and I bought the Battle for Skull Pass and used that to learn the basic gameplay... but the Wood Elves caught my eye from the second I saw the battalion on the shelf at GW and I've been bound and determined to play them since!

Some friends of mine are also playing and have convinced me to try and put together a 2000 point list to play with Lords and whatnot. It's quite a bit bigger than the little 500 and 1000 point lists I was making for practice, but I'm hoping that maybe I'm on the right track? On a side note, I'm pretty much exclusively playing against DoC, with the occasional WoC and Lizardmen. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated, since I'm sure I've probably messed up somewhere!

Alter Lord (280}
    * Bow of Loren* Arcane Bodkins* Glamourweave* Enchanted Shield

Good
    Alter Noble (158}
    * Light Armor* Shield* Great Weapon* Hail of Doom Arrow* Helm of the Hunt

Good

Spellsinger (90}
    * Dispel Scroll x 2

Spellsinger (90}
    * Dispel Scroll x 2

Yay magic D!
    Glade Guard x 10 (132}
    * Lord's Bowman* Musician

Glade Guard x 10 (126}
    * Lord's Bowman
    Drop the champs. They really are not worth it

Dryads x 8 (96}

Dryads x 8 (96}

Wild Rider x 6 (156}

Wild Rider x 6 (156}
    Lets see if we can get a standard bearer and the War Banner on ONE of these units.
    Also Keep in mind that these guys get music for free

Wardancers x 9 (169}
    * Musician
    I usually run my WD in sqauds of 8. You usually can get 7 into combat frontage and i like having one more just in case. 9 isnt bad but we might be able to squeeze some points

Warhawk Riders x 3 (120}
    If you use these gusy properly they can cause some havoc. If not they can just be a points sink. However the ability to claim a un-contested table quater at turn 6 is awesome

Waywatchers x 7 (176}
    * Shadow Sentinel
    The SS isnt worth it. Your going to be hitting on 2s with these boys at half range. So that +1 bs isnt worth it.

Great Eagle (50}

I'm thinking that maybe I'm too short on "shooty" units? I've definitely noticed that I need all the dispel scrolls I can get, especially against DoC. Any suggestions on what I could do better?

pretty good list.

Dont forsake the treeman! but against demons he becomes a bit of a target wiht all those flaming/magical attacks.
    Id also think about adding a unit of 5 glade riders with music. They are great for redirecting troops with their feigned flight ability (fast cav)

+ Reply to Thread