1000 pt WE vs Dwarfs help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt WE vs Dwarfs help

Coming up at the end of this week i have a battle against a dwark player for 1000 or 1250pts. I have never played against Dwarfs before and was wondering if anyone had any army list or tactic tips for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Beardy,

My advice:
    - Take out the quarrellers (crossbows) first those have that nasty 30" range.
    - Their 'normal' cannons have a range of 48" so depending on how the are fielded there is a no range for the WM place.
    - Use treesinging against them, they have only 4 DD and placing a wood in front of a warmachine is a great way of dealing with it!

So I recommend Waywatchers and Warhawks for the Warmachine hunting, Glade guard for the picking of enemies, and a spellsinger of two to get the trees moving!

Ow and be sure to pick your combats, dwarfs are nasty when it comes to CC. But if you charge you will strike first for the remaining combat (dwarfs = low I)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

dwarfs are lil chodes and i say do exactley what the guiding said (rep)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey thanks heaps for that it really helped. Just need to get another two warhawks to make a unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ow and a very nice rule against dwarfs:

Outnumbered by Fear causing enemy in Close combat means that only insane courage makes the tester stand their ground, all other cases means flee.

So if you have a combat resulting in 6 dryads against 5 warriors and he doesnt win combat, then he is outnumbered by the fear causing dryads meaning he must throw a double 1 to keep his warriors in CC. if he fails, you can easily overrun him! This is great because the LD9~10 the dwarfs have means they will almost never break from combat.

> Immune to psychology/ unbreakable do negate the effects of the rule stated above... But not really sure about the unbreakable though. So I suggest looking the rule op in the rulebook, to fully understand it working cause there are some more rules attached to it.
    Last edited by TheGuiding; April 10th, 2010 at 02:18. Reason: The RED text is new/ changed I forgot to type it (see my next post below)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGuiding View Post
    Outnumbered by Fear causing enemy in Close combat means that only insane courage makes the tester stand their ground, all other cases means flee.

So if you have a combat resulting in 6 dryads against 5 warriors and he wins combat, then, even then he is outnumbered by the fear causing dryads meaning he must throw a double 1 to keep his warriors in CC. if he fails, you can easily overrun him! This is great because the LD9~10 the dwarfs have means they will almost never break from combat.
    You actually have to win combat for them to need insane courage. If they win combat, they don't need to take a break test, so they have no chance of fleeing.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    -26 (x0)

yah what sirkently said, i mean he is right 94 % of the time. ahah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh crap, you're right.

I was thinking of something completely else when typing. I meant to type that the normal modifiers are switched for the fear causing one (so only insane courage) BUT that that would only work as you said, when combat is won.

I accidentally said something else....

Well I will edit the post, to prevent people from believing me at the wrong turns.

And indeed, he has the 94%... and I know where the rest is
    Last edited by TheGuiding; April 10th, 2010 at 02:18.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am a Dwarf player as well a wood elf player. One thing a dwarf player will generally never do is move full speed towards you, and if he manages to charge you, you have done something wrong! He will shoot you as much as possible and then fight you when you reach him. War machines will be you main problem. For this I would take at least one unit of warhawks. Try to place you free wood as close to him as possible, then fly them into the wood so they cannot be shot and then move behind his gunline. Harass his war machines . Make sure you actually kill the crew though because they are unlikely to fell on a stubborn Ld 9. To sort out this problem he might move one of his missile troops around to sort them out but more likely a combat unit. When he is distracted does this move the rest of your army as fast as humanly possible. Take a couple of 8 units of dryads to screen your more valuable troops like wardancers. Dryads should do well surviving against anything but an organ gun (which doesn't need to roll to hit). When you do reach his army get as many flank attacks as possible for combat res, because you won't get many for killing his men (dwarfs tend not to die). Be wary of thunderers and quarrellers with shields. In close combat the only difference between them and warriors is 1 less armour save (stats are the same). Wood elf shooting will not do much damage to soldiers so try to focus it onto the missile troops. Depending on how friendly the match is you could take a treeman. T6 means only boltthrowers will be wounding him on 4+, most will be on 5+. But still be careful, he could decide to turn everything on it in which case it might die. Use terrain to get out of line of sight and try to only show skirmishing units in the open. This means he will only hit on 4+ or 5+.
    Hope this helps,
    Wood elf

+ Reply to Thread