<2000 First Wood Elf Army Lists since 2nd Edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Wood Elf Army Lists since 2nd Edition

I really need some help. I usually play 40k Eldar and have not played WFB since 2nd Edition but I have dusted off my old Wood Elf army and am now adding some new models to make a semi-competetive 2000pt force. I have come up with the following army list but really need come C&C on whether this is even a viable list that could work on the field of battle. So here goes:

Wood Elf Highborn with: Longbow, Greatweapon, Light Armour - Daith's Reaper & Glamourweave (234 pts)
    Wood Elf Noble with: Longbow - Hail of Doom Arrow & A Muster of Malevolents (130pts)
    Spellsinger (Upgraded to Level 2) with: Longbow - Calaingor's Stave & A Resplendence of Luminescents (175pts)
    Branchwraith (Upgraded to Level 1 Wizard) with: A Cluster of Radiants (140pts)

Eternal Guard (14 Srong) with: Musician & Standard Bearer (186 pts)
    Glade Guard (10 Strong) with: No additions (120 pts)
    Scouts (6 Strong) with: No additions (102 pts)
    Glade Riders (8 Strong) with: Musician & Standard Bearer (219 pts)
    Dryads (12 Strong) with: No additions (144 pts)

Wardancer Troupe (10 Strong) with: No additions (180 pts)
    Wild Riders of Kurnous (5 Strong) with: Musician (130 pts)
    Waywatchers (5 Strong) with: No additions (120 pts)

Premise is that Highborn is attached to the Eternal Guard, Noble and Spellsinger attached to the Glade Guard units, and the Branchwraith attached to the Dryads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Knight View Post
    I really need some help. I usually play 40k Eldar and have not played WFB since 2nd Edition but I have dusted off my old Wood Elf army and am now adding some new models to make a semi-competetive 2000pt force. I have come up with the following army list but really need come C&C on whether this is even a viable list that could work on the field of battle. So here goes:

Wood Elf Highborn with: Longbow, Greatweapon, Light Armour - Daith's Reaper & Glamourweave (234 pts)
    No point taking great weapon as you will be using the magic one

Wood Elf Noble with: Longbow - Hail of Doom Arrow & A Muster of Malevolents (130pts)
    Why not go for a standard alter noble her (Alter kindred helm of the hunt hail of doom arrows light armour shield Great weapon

Spellsinger (Upgraded to Level 2) with: Longbow - Calaingor's Stave & A Resplendence of Luminescents (175pts)
    Not much point on the A Resplendence of Luminescents as she will most likely not be in a unit or fighting and will sit in a woods

Good this is the set up i use on her

i would never use them wood elves need to me able to out manover their opponent this makes it a lot harder and they are not that good either

Good
    Good
    AlrightMake them 5 strong but keep standar and mus

i would drop this unit down to 7 they are really good but harder to use in bigger units

Good but probbaly make them 6 strong

Good

Premise is that Highborn is attached to the Eternal Guard, Noble and Spellsinger attached to the Glade Guard units, and the Branchwraith attached to the Dryads.

i would make your spellsinger a lvl 1 scroll caddy 2x dis scroll
    probbaly mount your lord and put him in with the wild riders
    and pick up another unit of dryads if you have the points.
    to be honest wood elf dont normally have a heavy magic phase i thinks its not that important just need magic defence you will mainly win or lose the game in the move ment phase this is were wood elf kick arse. so with the chages i have suggested should make your army much more manoverble hope this helps

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Knight View Post
    This guy just doesn't have enough survivability. He needs to get some kink of ward combat ward save, or the oaken armour. Daith's reaper isn't a normal choice, but it would be interesting to see how it works.

I agree that the standard alter would be better here. And you are over your points allowance. You can only take 50 points of magic/spites and you have 55.

You don't have enough magic to be effective. I too would just make him a level one with 2 scrolls.

I would consider adding the annoyance of netlings spite.

This isn't really a combat list, so the eternal guard don't really fit. I would trade them in for something else.

Glade Riders (8 Strong) with: Musician & Standard Bearer (219 pts)
    Too many. Five is normal, with 6 as the maximum. And never take a standard as it is just giving up points.

8 is my preference, though some like twelve. With a branchwraith in the list you will want a champ in the unit.

Too many also. Max 9 and I usually run 7 or 8.

You would want one more. And a standard bearer with the warbanner is a good additon.

Too small. Try to get up to at least 7. 8 to 10 is better.
    If you have some extra points left over, a great eagle would be a nice addition. Also making two units of dryads instead of one unit.

Welcome back,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread