<3000 3000 point8th edition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3000 point8th edition

havent read through 8th edition rules as yet so have gone off what ive read from threads on hear so far, gulp am worried about my woodys

lords

treeman ancient, cluster of radiants, 350pts

spellweaver, lvl 4, wand of wych elm, dispel scroll. 330pts

heroes

spellsinger, lvl 2, calaingors stave, 150pts

noble, waywatcher kin, H.O.D, additional HW. 144pts

noble, bsb, pageant of shrikes, joins GG, 115pts (joins 29 GG unit.)

core

29 GG, standard, muso, banner of springtide, 391pts

10 GG, 120pts

10 dryads, 120pts

11 dryads, 132pts

special

6 treekin 390pts

4 treekin 260pts

rare

treeman 285pts

6 waywatchers 210pts

2997pts exactly

Last edited by elordan; June 25th, 2010 at 04:00.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Looks OK, except for the magic items on the mages. Dispel scrolls count as arcane items now, so only one in the army, and you can't have other arcane items with them. BSB's are going to be important in this edition, so I would consider changing that waywatcher into one or finding the points to add one.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can't have both the Wand of Wych Elm and a Dispel Scroll on the same character, any more than you could have the Wand and a Deepwood Sphere. Dispel Scrolls are now just another Arcane item, and you can only have one on each character. Also, technically you are supposed to include what Lore your spellcasters are taking in your army list now, so you might want to add that in for the sake of completeness. With this build I would definitely go for Lore of Life, its a great lore for any army with high-wound models, and it combos great with Forest Spirits too.

I would definitely use the extra points from dropping the Dispel Scroll to grab an Annoyance of Nettlings on your treeman. It doesn't always come into play, but when it does, its a big deal, and its really cheap for the huge bonus it can give. I might consider dropping the level 2 sorcerer as well- she won't give you extra dice (alright there's channeling, but its not really that helpful.), and if you do take Lore of Life you're going to want all of the dice that you can get to cast your spells (you probably won't have to worry about irresistible force/miscasts, if you roll the right spell.). Tree singing is still a great spell to have, but luckily your treemen will still be able to cast it. Just so you know, you now have to roll to cast bound spells with power dice, which is really both good and bad. Obviously it hurts that you have to roll, and so have to use your dice and can fail, but if you really want to get a bound spell off you're allowed to roll with up to 6 dice. Also you don't roll on the miscast table for bound spells (if its an item it gets destroyed though, so be careful- your treemen will be fine). The 30 man Glade Guard unit is interesting in this list. I assume you're running them 10 wide as a horde? Although you know that not all of them will survive to get into a fight. I would probably recommend that you drop the level 2 and instead upgrade the 4 man tree kin unit to 6 and grab a banner on the smaller Glade Guard unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok tnx for the advice guys hear are the changes, i was unable to free enough points for a standard in the smaller GG unit, and yeah the idea with the 30 man GG unit is to go 10 wide.

lord

treeman ancient, cluster of radiants, anoyance of netts 375pts

spellweaver, lvl 4, wand of the wych elm, lare of life. 305pts

heroes

noble, waywatcher kin, additional HD, H.O.D. 144pts

noble, bsb, pageant of shrikes, 115pts

core

29 GG, muso, standard, banner of springtide. 391pts

10 GG 120pts

10 dryads 120pts

10 dryads 120pts

special