<3000 Scouting Party 3000 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    10 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Scouting Party 3000

Here's another crazy idea I had, similar to my eagle list. This one is a little more easy on the wallet, which is nice. The best part about this army is, less then half of it is actually deployed on your side of the field, the rest is wherever you want it.

Level 4 (Life), Great Eagle
    Wand of Wych Elm, Dragon Bane Gem

Scout Kindred, Light Armor, Hand Weapon
    Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Shield of Ptolos

Scout Kindred, Light Armor, Shield
    HoDA, Ironcurse Icon, Dragonhelm

(x2)Glade Guard x10

(x2)Glade Guard x10
    Music, Standard

(x3)Glade Guard Scouts x10

Glade Guard Scouts x10
    Standard Bearer, Banner of Swiftness
    (Highborn/Noble here)

(x3)Warhawk Riders x3

(x4)Way Watchers x7

I don't know if it would be a good army, but I can tell you having a unit of 12 dudes that can move 12 inches and fire is fun at the very least.

So what if melee skirmishers took a hit? Guess what got better in 8th? Skirmishers that can shoot. Guess what also got better? Scouts. Guess what we have? All three. =D

Last edited by ikbuh; July 20th, 2010 at 12:21.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

2. Remove Advertisements

4 Post(s)
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

Well, the problem at this point level is that your opponent will most likely fill his deployment zone. I have found this even with waywatchers. There is nowhere clear to place them and they end up on your side of the board. Since you don't want them charged first turn, they are usually pretty close to your deployment zone. Scouting just isn't what it used to be. I really prefer fast cavalry in this edition. They can get there a lot quicker.

I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread