<3000 Well Rounded 2500pt List for Multiple Scenarios? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Rounded 2500pt List for Multiple Scenarios?

Hey Everyone,

Still fairly new to Warhammer Fantasy and playing Wood Elves. Our local store is putting on a 2500 point event in October which I'd like to attend. I won't be surprised if I don't do that well since I'm so new to the game but I'd consider it a great learning experience.

The event consists of 6 different scenarios against 6 different opponents. Due to the range of opponents I could be facing, and the various scenarios I'll require a very versatile army and I'm looking for ideas.

The Scenarios are as follows:

1) Grudge Match - Deploy according to the Battleline scenario in the main rulebook (page 144) - essentially standard victory points with extra emphasis on killing the enemy general and keeping yours alive.

2) Land Grab - Deploy according to the Meeting Engagement scenario in the main rulebook (page 149), units are held in reserve on a roll of 1-2, You gain 100 VPs for each quarter you control. To control a quarter you must have more standards in that quarter than your opponent.

3) Hold the Pass - Deploy as per the Battle for the Pass scenario in the main rulebook (page 146), the Bottleneck special rule will be in effect - You must hold both the entrance and exit of the mountain pass. The entrance is your short table edge and the exit is your opponent's short table edge. You must have more units within 18" of the short table edge than your opponent to hold the entrance or exit.

4) For the Empire! - Both sides deploy as per the Blood and Glory scenario in the main rulebook (page 14, In addition to the Breaking point and Fortitude rules on page 148, an army breaks as soon as it's Fortitude is equal or less than the Breaking Point. Your BSB must survive and you must kill the enemy BSB.

5) Fog of War - Deploy according to the Dawn Attach scenario in the main rulebook (page 145), essentially VPs are earned for units within 12" of the opponents table edge

6) The High Ground - Deploy according to The Watchtower scenario in the main rulebook (page 150), You must control the High Ground. In order to control the High Ground you must have more Core units with 6" of the High Ground than your opponent does.

I'm looking forward to playing at this event and using it as a good learning experience. It will be interesting to try and cover all the bases as it appears there will be benefits to many unit types such as faster units, tougher units used in a defensive manner and shooting units.

Any ideas on a well rounded army list would be great! I've found several 2500 point lists but I wanted to mention the above scenarios to give an idea of how diverse the challenges will be.

Thanks in advance! I'm off to try and get my army completed and painted before October

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Can you give us a list of what you have available. Any lists currently posted that looked good to you.

SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Below is a list recommended on another site and slightly tweaked:

Lords

lvl4 life spellweaver with WoWE and Stone of Rebirth (read "the healer")=335

lvl4 beast spellweaver (read 'the great fire dragon')=250

Heros

Noble as BSB with AB and HoDA=130

Core

10xglade guard with sb, Lord's Bowman, musician and banner of eternal flame=155

10xglade guard with musician and sb=138

10xglade guard with musician and sb=138

5xscouts with sb=97

5xscouts with sb=97

5xscouts with sb=97

8xdryads=96

8xdryads=96

8xdryads=96

Special

6xtreekin=390

Rare

treeman=285

eagle=50

eagle=50

Total=2500

Some of the scenarios require multiple units with standard bearers so that's where the scouts come in with their deployment rules, fast movement etc.

Constructive criticism is welcome!

+ Reply to Thread