<1000 First try at a WE army (1000pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First try at a WE army (1000pts)

Heya all. After about 8 years away from it I'm getting back into warhammer again and I'm playing Wood Elves. This is my first take on a starter 1000 point list so any criticism or help would be appreciated.

Lords: (25%)
    Highborn - Bow of Loren, Arcane Bodkins, Amaranthine Brooch, shield, light armor, hand weapon.
    -252 points.

Heroes: (18%)
    Spellsinger - Level 2, Deepwood Sphere, Dispell Scroll.
    -175 points.

Core: (47%)
    x3 Glade Guardx10 with musician.
    -126 points each for a total of 378.

Dryad x8.
    -96 points.

Special (10%)
    Wardancers x5 with a musician.
    -97 points.

Total: 998 points.

One thing I've been on the fence about is that highborn. I've been back and forth between sacrificing the Brooch for Alter kindred. Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

At this level the highborn wouldnt be worth it unless you were running an all shooting list, so I would suggest dropping both characters for a spellweaver, that way your magic can cover for the lost combat enhancements from the highborn and the low level magic from the spellsinger.

Id suggest getting another unit of glade guard and bumping the wardancers numbers up to ten, with the lore of life youll be able to make both the dryads and wardancers extremely nasty in combat and also try to bump up the numbers of dryads a little.

Good luck though I dont have much luck in low points games because i rely on treemen and treekin a lot to win my fights now

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I think I would keep the brooch. I would also drop the dryads for two eagles. You are trying to win by shooting. Use the eagles to make things slide to the side of the glade guard so you can shoot some more. I like the spellsinger, but you can't take two arcane items. I would drop the sphere, and use the points for more wardancers, or combine two units of glade guard into one unit of 20, and take the banner of springtide.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the input guys. I'll do some tinkering and post another list.

+ Reply to Thread