<2000 New fantasy player: Fun List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

New fantasy player: Fun List

I have played 40k for a couple of years now, and my playing group is starting fantasy. I have decided to play wood elves simply because they appeal to me, I don't know why. I've been looking around some of the threads and many people seem to be saying they've been nerfed, but I won't be using them in a tournament setting (although my friends and I do play competitive battles and rarely nerf our army lists). My friends play high elves, dwarfs and skaven

So I've made a 2000pt army list, which I think is half-decent (although I only finished reading the rulebook about 1/2 an hour ago so ?). I don't like treemen although if I REALLY need one then I'll get one.

The idea of the list is to shoot and then counter-assualt, although I'm planning to deploy the army in two halves so the enemy either has to split their force or give up the chance to kill half my army.

Anyway the list:

Lords
    Spellweaver, Level 4, Wand of Wych Elm

Heroes
    Noble, Wardancer, An annoyance of Netlings, Banner (not sure about wardancer but I want him to join the wardancer troupe and any magical weapons cost over the 25pts I'm allowed with netlings)

Core
    10 Glade Guard, Standard Bearer, Musician

Special
    9 Wardancer Troupe, Musician (noble goes here)
    6 Treekin
    5 Wild Rider of Kurnous

Rare
    10 Waywatchers
    Great Eagle

Total:2001 - I'm pretty sure my opponents won't mind the 1pt overlapse, but if they do I'll lose a waywatcher and put the spellweaver in there to keep the 2X5 ranks.

The great eagle is there to try (and probably fail) to kill the enemies warmachines.

C&C, welcome and wanted.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    I don't think that using wardancers as your powerfull unit is a good idea in this edition, no matter how many you kill (unless you killed the entire unit) your opponent will hit you back, and it is realy not healthy for your fragile wardancers that cost a lot. Also note that your BSB can't have a kindred, so he can't be a wardancer.
    I would take a BSB with the hunter's talon and pageant of shrieks to assassinate enemy characters instead, and replace the wardancers with a spellsinger level 2 who has a dispel scroll.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Not a bad list. I would make the noble a BSB of course, but you can't take a kindred, though you can still be in the wardancer unit. Give him the armour of destiny for a good save.

Drop the wild riders and they don't really fit this list. Get a couple more treekin. I would lose a couple of the banners from the archer units. If you have some leftover points, get more wardancers.

Welcome to the forest,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

Thanks, I've changed the list slightly so heres the updated version (I'll be buying wardancers and more treekin to expand the list so can swap them in at a later date if the wild riders don't really help.

Spellweaver: Level 4 (lore of life), Wand of Wych Elm, Elven Steed, Asyendi's Bane, Arcane Bodkins (last two are point-fillers/my friend plays a dwarf army and I fail against their armour ATM)
    Noble: A Pageant of Shrikes, The Hunter's Talon, Lichbonne Penant
    SpellSinger: Dispel Scroll, Divination Orb (my other friend plays high elves)

6 Treekin
    5 Wild Rider of Kurnous

10 Waywatchers
    Great Eagle

I'm tempted to lose the noble and get another eagle. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

First off, you haven't listed your noble as a BSB so he can't have a pennant. If he is a BSB, then you can't have a magic banner if you have other magic items. So one or the other has to go.

Second, your spellsinger can't have two arcane items. I would lose the orb.

Now on to the weaver. One shot with the bodkins really isn't going to get you far. Get him some kind of ward save to use the points up.

Have fun,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

+ Reply to Thread