<1000 First game played around 750 points list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First game played around 750 points list

Went down to my local gaming club and played my first game today on the beginners evening. My opponent didnt have 750 points so he borrowed 6 ogres to add to his list, also his list wasnt legal but didnt really matter he wasnt prepare to fight this night was just there to paint but was fun anyway.

My list:
    Rare: Great eagle
    Special: 3 Treekin, 5 Wardancers, 5 Wardancers
    Core: 18 Glade Guards
    Heroes: Noble lord

His list:
    6 Ogres of some kind (bull ogres?)
    10 Highelf Sword masters
    Highelf lord on griffon

He had the first turn and moved forward, hid his griffon out of range for my glade guards, behind his ogres.
    I had a really good first turn, I charged his ogres with my treekins and 5 wardancers and killed 3 of them, made them run and ran over them, my wardancers ran into his lord/griffon.
    My Glade guards shot down 7 swordmasters but the last ones passed its leadership test.

Next turn his 3 swordmasters charged my great eagle, slaughtered it and overrun into 5 wardancers.

To make a long story shorter the 3 swordmasters made my 5 wardancers run away, charged my glade guards, killed a few of them before getting killed, the remaining wardancers killed his lord but ran away from his griffon and then my glade guards shot it down.

So first game, first win even though it wasnt really a serious one I think I learned alot. The glade guard shooting did alot, and I better buy them more time shooting next time around. I also learned how fragile the wardancers are but also how deadly their attacks can be especially while charging, so better be sure to make them flank in the future =)

Il see if I can get another fight but a real one in a week. Time will tell!
    Any suggestions for tweeks on the list? It wasnt exactly 750 points but will try and paint more to make it =)

Cheers!
    Nacher

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More missile troops!!!!! You can never have enough missile troops. Escpecially as your hand to hand troops, while good fighters, can be very delicate should the dice gods laugh at you!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    I would never take wardancers against high elves, since the high elves will strike first and kill them. On saturday I played a 1000 points gam against high elves and I tabled them without suffering a single wound. I used the following list:
    12 glade guards+musician
    12 glade guards+musician
    10 glade guards+musician
    8 dryads
    spellsinger level 2 + dispel scroll
    spellweaver level 4 (lore of life)
    brancewraith + an annoyance of netlings.

On the first turn I cast dwelers from below on his white lions (the mage who was in it died together with a few whiite lions) and he failed his panic test and fled off the table. Then it was quite simple to just shoot his 2 units of swordmasters, and eventualy I finished his spearmen (with the second mage) with my shooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by super sorcerer View Post
    b"h
    I would never take wardancers against high elves, since the high elves will strike first and kill them. On saturday I played a 1000 points gam against high elves and I tabled them without suffering a single wound. I used the following list:
    12 glade guards+musician
    12 glade guards+musician
    10 glade guards+musician
    8 dryads
    spellsinger level 2 + dispel scroll
    spellweaver level 4 (lore of life)
    brancewraith + an annoyance of netlings.
    This list isnt legal, is it? I thought it was 25% for heroes and lords? you have nearly half your army in them...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by elspedo View Post
    This list isnt legal, is it? I thought it was 25% for heroes and lords? you have nearly half your army in them...
    You can have 25% Lords AND 25% Heroes, meaning half of your army can be Characters as long as 25% of it is Core. That list is illeagal because it's only 868 Points, but for 1000 points it is perfectly legal with 250 points of Lords, 240 points of Heroes, and 378 points of Core. 250 is the magic number for 1k points. I would drop 2 GG and add a unit of 5 WRs, but that's just me =P
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread