<3000 3000 points Campaign against the non believers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member slann-o-engine-eo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x2)

3000 points Campaign against the non believers

This is an extremely similar list to one I posted not too long ago. I am going to a private tournament for a club that My friend goes to and I have never been to befor. My friend said the idea of the tournament is like ard boys, so these guys play extremely min/ maxed lists, My friend said that the majority of them play deamons, warriors, ogres, dark elves, and high elves, all the nastie armys of warhammer.

My idea is to go there and prove to them that wood elves is still an extremely hard army to play against. Its mostly part of my campaign to prove to everyone that wood elves are still a competitive army, for I fear that no one belives it anymore.

Treeman ancient-anoyance of netlings

Treeman ancient- cluster of radiants

Treeman
    Treeman

6 Treekin
    6 Treekin

10 glade guard
    standard

10 glade guard
    standard

10 glade guard
    standard

10 glade guard
    standard

5 scouts
    5 scouts
    5 scouts

eagle
    eagle
    eagle

Lot of warmachine hunting and destruction, lots of lone character hunting forcing them to go into the units so the larger guys can catch them, lots of shooting support to weaken units slightly befor combat or to finish off units that surivive combat, lots of crushing combat units, a little bit of magic defense, a large creature hunter in the form of TMA with annoyance.

Any suggestions for fighting extreme cheese armies?

Last edited by slann-o-engine-eo; October 4th, 2010 at 17:44.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless you get some good magic defense in there, I don't think you're going to last too long. What if you go with a Drycha list? I've always wanted to try one myself and if you could make treemen pop out right next to your opponent... I just think that would be awesome. Plus you get +2DD and with a Wand, it's even better!
    "My Word is Iron"
    "Show me your Friends, and I'll show you your Future"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are allowed to use dryycha i would do that.. then get a spellweaver with glamorweave kindred give him a wand and place him with your tree kin. now you have enough magic defence to survive against your magic heavy opponents. because lets just face it, if you'r facing demons you'll need more magic defence than what you currently have! But if you do this you have to get rid of your ancients and all the glade guards though..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

b"h
    after all of that list you still got 45 extra points If I calculated it properly, so I think that means musicians to all of the glade guards units and "a murder of spites" to your ancient treeman with an annoyance of netlings.

My idea is to go there and prove to them that wood elves is still an extremely hard army to play against. Its mostly part of my campaign to prove to everyone that wood elves are still a competitive army, for I fear that no one belives it anymore
    Well, orcs&goblins could bring 22 artilery pieces in 3000 points (12 chukkas, 6 roc lobbers and 4 doomdivers) and 3 eaglles just won't be enough.
    Any army that could get a 4th level wizard with lore of metal is going to have a big advantage against this list (and that means empire, dark elves, high elves, lizardmen, daemons, vampire counts and warriors of chaos).
    Dwarves with flaming artilery...

Do you have any plan how to stop any of these?

Back in 7th edition forests blocked line of sight, so we were not defenceless against such armies. Now the best we get is soft cover.

+ Reply to Thread