<2000 1500pt list friendly against Skaven - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt list friendly against Skaven

Hey, looking at the following list for a friendly against Skaven

Treeman Ancient 350 (General)
    Annoyance of Netlings

Branchwraith 140
    Lvl 1 Wizard, Cluster of Radients

Wood Elf Noble 105
    Hail of Doom Arrow

Wood Elf Noble 100
    Starfire Arrows

3x 10 Glade Guard w/ Musician (126pt each) 378 (Nobles go here)

9x Dryads 108 (branchwraith goes here)

3x Tree Kin 195

5x Waywatchers 120

I'm looking at trying to rain pointy death and try to cause some panic.....the tree kin treeman and dryads will try and create diversions allowing more pointy death
    I'm a little concerned about Skaven magic though....and of being completely overwhelmed by cheap ratmen

Any Thoughts??

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

I would say you have one too many character. I would drop one of the nobles, and make the other a BSB. You really need a BSB in this edition. That would give you a few points to get a fourth treekin.

Good luck,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The character with Starfire arrows was a late edition, I wanted the panic arrow to try and upset the rats, didnt work as well as I had hoped but was still worth it in the end.

Played the game on Saturday night and won by 500pts. The Skaven magic is very deadly he cast the Plague spell twice (both failed Dispels...should have taken a scroll caddy) and it ripped through the archers but luckily for me it bounced onto his horde unit and wiped out half of it BWAHAHA.

Treeman and treekin were superb! Dryads didnt get to fight as they got turned into rats.

Wood elf shooting is defintaley much more effective with the new rules, I was a bit worried that the army would not really perform well as this was my first game of 8th but I think they are a really great army to play and have some good options

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i personally like taking lvl 4 wizard with life in this match up. Dwellors bellow is amazing on their hordes, 50% rape

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by wesdrum View Post
    Hey, looking at the following list for a friendly against Skaven

Treeman Ancient 350 (General)
    Annoyance of Netlings
    This is friendly? xD

Way Watchers, as much as I love them, really haven't been making it into my lists because of how expensive they are for what 8th has made them. Scouts. Killing blow is nice, but for the price per model, it's really not worth it anymore. Against skaven, the killing blow is all but worthelss anyway. I would 100% agree that a level 4 Lifeweaver with a Wand of Wych Elm would have served you so much more than the TMA. The dispelling capabilities alone would have made her worth it, but as stated, Dwellers Below DESTROYS Low S Hordes like it's nothing at all.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes treeman can be friendly......sometimes

The new rules have just made scouts better and brought them up to Waywatchers level. They did ok, killing blow was pretty good....it was great picking out his lone characters and weapon teams and just wiping them out with 6's bwahaha.....but yeah it is much better served against high armour units.
    I'm yet to try a expensive wizard, in every game I have played the most I ever go is lvl2........Its something im planning on trying out in the future. The TMA did great got rid of 20 plague monks and then the remnants of his clanrat horde....easily killed off his points cost!

Some of the Life spells do look quite good...option for next game

+ Reply to Thread