<2000 2K friendly Plz Help - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2K friendly Plz Help

I am currently building multiple armies and proxying them while playing my roomates to see which i would like to play . . . well the armies already taken by them are skave, WoC, Vampire, Dwarfs, and high elfs . . . . i have built and army with just about everyone else excpet tomb kings(told they were too broken to play so im not going to)

so here goes:

Here is Wood Elf (havent got to play this yet)
    Highborn as general
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Pageant of Shrikes
    Bow of Loren

3xEternal Guard Noble (each to join GGx14)

2x8 Dryads
    3x14 GG all fully loaded
    1 w/ Banner of Springtide
    2x10 Waywatchers w/ champions
    2x5 wardancer fully loaded

= 1998 pts

I built this because i am tired of getting fired on from soo far away so i was going to try it as well . . . please rip it apart

Going to put 1 noble in each guard unit becuase having "eternal" allows their 3rd rank get a ranged attack . . .

Bx

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tomb Kings too broken to play? When I hear "broken" in gaming, it's usually in reference that something is way overpowered. Is this what your roommates meant? If so, I find it interesting that after choosing Skaven, High Elf, and WoC, that they would feel Tomb Kings is broken. Am I misunderstanding what they mean?

Your toughness 3 general with no armor save and no ward save seems a little naked to me.

>2x10 Waywatchers w/ champions<

Your nobles will be elsewhere, so you don't need any champions with the Waywatchers.
    10 Waywatchers in one unit may be a little unwieldy.

>2x5 wardancer fully loaded<

Do you mean full command? If so, I don't think you need champions with your wardancers. You could use the points somewhere else, like maybe light armor and a shield for your highborn and your nobles.

Are you playing 7th edition or 8th edition rules?

Sidewinder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah thats what they meant about tomb kings . . . . the skaven guy has yet to be beaten . . .

This was my first attempt on a wood elf army . . . was just tired of getting shot at from so far away from high elfs and skaven . . .

I really have almost built an army with just about everyone out there . . . i built on with O&G and then found out their book comes out next month . . . so i gotta see because i hear its a damn good book . . . but i am just looking for an army i enjoy playing and is not underpowered . . . ive played a total of 3 games they were all as beastman. . .

My roomate bought the skaven high elf set and that is the book we read from and all the pdf's we can find online . . . im pretty sure the pdf's are all 8th . . .

yeah fully loaded = full command

real new to the game but seems very very interesting.

Bx

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by BxInscoe View Post
    Here is Wood Elf (havent got to play this yet)
    Highborn as general
    Hail of Doom Arrow
    Pageant of Shrikes
    Bow of Loren
    Bow of Loren goes with arcane bodkins. Drop the hail of doom to get it. And drop the shrikes for a ward save.

3xEternal Guard Noble (each to join GGx14)
    Why?

2x8 Dryads
    Drop these guys. Your archers cover the core requirement.

3x14 GG all fully loaded
    1 w/ Banner of Springtide
    Make one unit of 20 with the banner. Then two units of 10.

2x10 Waywatchers w/ champions
    Champs aren't needed in these units. And I think they are a little big and unwieldy. Try 7 or 8.

2x5 wardancer fully loaded
    Go bigger. 7 or 8, without the unit commands.
    As for tomb kings, I take broken to mean that they are too weak. I couldn't see them overpowering the armies that your friends are playing.

Now you really have no combat in this list. You are relying on death by arrow. If they reach you, you will die. In this case, I would invest in some eagles to slow down the enemy from getting to you by redirecting them away.

Have fun,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i think my roomates and friends talked me into either lizardmen or O&G but thanks for giving me feedback for this . . . i still plan on proxy'ing this to mess around with it

+ Reply to Thread