<3000 Forest Spirits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Forest Spirits

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

Forest Spirits

I was thinking of starting a wood elf army and i was hoping for some advice
    So far i have

Lords
    Spell Weaver
    Level 4
    Wand of Wych
    Moon Stone

High Born
    Scout Kindrid
    Bow Of Loren
    Arcane Bodkins

Core
    2 units of 20 Dryads
    2 units of 6 Glade Riders with musicain

Special
    2 Units of 6 Treekin
    3 Warhawk Riders

Rare
    Treeman
    6 Waywatchers

The plan
    the highborn goes with the waywatchers and go after knights etc

the rest is used to put as much pressure on the enemy as possible
    the wizard and bsb join 1 of the dryads and then 1st turn moonstones over to the flanks of the enemy
    the fast cav and riders go after the warmachines and tie up the enemy while i deal with 1 flank
    they then have to deal with my dryads on the flank and my fast ca while they have a treeman and 2 units of treekin

im trying to create so many things for my opponent to think about on the 1st turn which shld be alot

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think that the BSB (which you haven't included in your list, btw ) and the weaver can join the dryads, as they aren't forest spirits.

My own personal experience suggests that glade riders are a total waste of points. You're better off turning those points into 20+ glade guard. Likewise the warhawk riders, better off having a couple of eagles, in my opinion.

Treekin, Treeman, Life Weaver, Waywatchers and Highborn all look awesome.

I like the concept of the two huge blocks of dryads, i've never done that. Let us know how it goes - however i'd be inclined to say that one would be enough, and the other 20 could be used as glade guard. GG (glade guard) = GG (good game).

Sounds like you've got a lot of plans going on at the same time - may become overly complicated during the heat of battle!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

thanks for the advice
    aww that sucks that i cant do my moonstone 1st turn with the dryads
    i just thought the opponent wld be so unexpected when i moonstone over to him

yea i am tempted to take a unit of glade guard but i dont want to do the usuall list of 40 glade guard, 2 units of treekin and a treeman and want to different list
    anway i will put in a unit of glade guard

as for the glade riders, i wld much prefer wild riders for the extra points but they are special and i need to fill up my core units
    but they are pretty good if used right, one guy runs rings around my chaos army, i cant beat his list as i cant catch it lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

The problem with the unit of 20 Dryads is that you're going to have the same combat resolution as a unit of 8 because of the how screwed melee skirmishers got in 8th edition. Those two big units would probably do better in 5 units of 8 to be honest.

Glade Riders... No. Glade Riders are complete garbage for their points and even if they cost half as much, you'd still have better choices. I think you'd be better off taking some Glade Guard to back up the Dryads. Two 5x2 units of GG with music are better than two units of 6 Glade Riders.

Also there's a problem with War Hawks, not with your list, but because GW goofed. According to the FAQ, War Hawks can't actually fly and therefore can only move 1".

You also lack standards if you ever play the scenario that pretty much requires them (Can't remember the name).
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    Also there's a problem with War Hawks, not with your list, but because GW goofed. According to the FAQ, War Hawks can't actually fly and therefore can only move 1".
    I thought that too, until someone pointed out the flying cavalry rule on page 70 at the end of the fly rule. They are now fast cavalry with fly.

As for the list, I think glade guard are really necessary. Massed shooting is really the only thing we have to take out monsters and heavily armoured units.

SirKently
    Last edited by sirkently; April 26th, 2011 at 23:57.
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x2)

ok i have a look at the list and revisied it a bit

Lords
    High Born
    Anoyance of Nestling
    Rhymers harp
    Merciw's Lew
    Eternal Guard

High Born
    Scout Kindrid
    Bow Of Loren
    Arcane Bodkins

Hero's
    2 level 2 spell singers (both lore of beasts)
    1 has a dispel scroll and the other has the moon stone
    the dispell scroll is on a elven steed

Noble
    Battle Standard
    Lamentation of Despair
    Dawn Spear
    Fimbular Winter Shard

Core
    1 units of 40 Eternal Guard with full command and razor standard

Special
    2 Units of 6 Treekin
    3 Warhawk Riders

Rare
    Treeman
    6 Waywatchers

ok the bsb and general go with the eternal guard with 1 of the wizards while the other goes with the glade guard
    on my 1st turn i moon stone over to the guys flank. if he turn to face me then he will expose his flank to my treekin and my guys wont be running anytime soon
    the treeman is to hold up reinforcements to help fight the eternal guard while the waywatchers and other highborn go after knights or warmachines etc

the glade riders just run around protecting the wizard and going after warmachines or small units

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

High Born
    Anoyance of Nestling
    Rhymers harp
    Merciw's Lew
    Eternal Guard
    To many points in items I think.
    High Born
    Scout Kindrid
    Bow Of Loren
    Arcane Bodkins
    not really a fan of this build as it is generally not gonna get its points back.
    Hero's
    2 level 2 spell singers (both lore of beasts)
    1 has a dispel scroll and the other has the moon stone
    the dispell scroll is on a elven steed
    they can't take any lore other than athel loren
    Noble
    Battle Standard
    Lamentation of Despair
    Dawn Spear
    Fimbular Winter Shard
    again to much in magic items
    Core
    1 units of 40 Eternal Guard with full command and razor standard
    IMO eternal guard and glade riders are the worst units in the army book and possibly the game, they are just way to expensive.
    Special
    2 Units of 6 Treekin
    3 Warhawk Riders
    eagle work better than warhawks for almost everything and warhawks shooting is not enough to make them worth anything.
    Rare
    Treeman
    6 Waywatchers
    The biggest problem with your list is you seem to be trying to play standard army tactics. The army book is not set up to do that, and in 8th most of the play style of the army is gone. While you don't like the standard type list it is standard because it is basically the only playable way to win with the army. If you like the list for fun that is fine but basically no real advice to give for the type of list you want to play to give it a decent chance to win verse any good opponent. It is sad but that is the truth.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

+ Reply to Thread