>3000 4000pt +1000pt Fluffy Woodelf Vampire SoC list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4000pt +1000pt Fluffy Woodelf Vampire SoC list

Okay, so I have just played my first SoW game which went ok, but wa a learning curve which I now intend to explore a bit:

Im thinking of making a Fluffy list, that combines Woodelves with a Vampire Pact (where the vampire is a fallen Woodelf living in the forest). I will paint the Vampire in the same scheme as I paint my elves and make some modiffications to make him Elfy.

The Truthsayer + Spellweave will both take a Tower, whilst the Vampire walks with the GraveGuard patrolling Athel Loren.

Please comment on this list, what do you think its strengths are? What are its weaknesses? And do you think the vampire+minions will compliment the list?

LORDS&HEROS
    Level 4 Lore of Life Spellweaver, wand of wych elm

Highborn on Dragon, Eternal Kindred, LA, Shield, Spear, Stone of Crystal Mere, Annoyance of Netlings, Tricksters Shard no.2

Noble BSB, LA, Bane Bow, Hail of Doom

Level 3 Truthsayer Beasts SOC

Vampire Lord, level 2 Lore of (Fire?): Forbidden Lore, Master of Black Arts,; The Flayed Hauberk, 4+ Ward Talisman, +1Strength Sword. SOC

CORE
    10 Glade Guard w music
    10 Glade Guard w music
    10 Glade Guard w music
    10 Glade Guard w music
    10 Glade Guard w music
    10 Glade Guard w music
    20 Glade Guard w music, std + springtide banner

SPECIAL
    8 Treekin
    8 Treekin
    7 Wardancers w music
    7 Wardancers w music

RARE
    3 Treemen

SOC
    10 Ghouls

20 Grave Guard with Greatswords, Full cmd

- AJ -

- Wood Elves + Orcs & Goblins since 2009 -

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any quick thoughts guys? As I need to use this list 1moro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interresting.. Would go with a few dryads though.. swap out one or two of the GG units for some of those. They are fast and good flankers that can hammer your treekin anvil. Other than that the list looks really solid IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The enemy took chaos warriors,.so I took lore of metal which won me the game in the end. He took Vidich and 3 other mages, a bloodthirster lots of chaos warriors and lots of chaos spawn.

I used my GG to kill the chaos spawn, focusing fire, and making use of quick reforms etc. My treemen and dragon got eaten alive by the bloodthirster who had a flamming sword. My treekin engaged his knights and warriors and won because of the insane lore of metal spells on them my truthsayer and spellweaver didn't do much apart from dispell and both got killed.

The hero was the metal lore vampire, he repeatedly managed to cast the 3 cataclysm spells, giving my treekin auto kills and a 2+ ward, and a 3+ killing vortex wiped everything!!!

End result: he had only his blood thirster
    I had, 13 treekin, 50 glade guard all pointed at the thirster and a vampire on a fulcrum. Epic battle and I'm so glad I took the vampire pact, which will now be my signature list

- AJ -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rather than making a seperate post.. its a bit quiet on the wood elf forums isnt it? hardly anyone replies to anything these days

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You realise that you're not allowed to do that right? I mean change the lore because of the opponent - like would you be ok if he gave all his units flaming attacks and banners and took Wulfrik to mess with your archers because he knew you'd use wood elves? Tailoring just stucks for both players in general, and almost no-one would take metal unless they were tailoring.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

while i would agree that metal might not be the best all-round competative lore to chose, it has alot of purposes beyond simply tailored lists. +1 to hit and AP, scaley skin save (my elves love this one), kill armor save, final transmutation.... then there's always what metal is good at:destroying high armor save foes.

But there's an even bigger reason to take metal in a SoC game. the extra spells are pretty good. Granted, others are too... but the metal ones can be particularly devistating if your opponent isn't expecting them. a whole unit has a 2+ ward save? who wouldn't want that?! all hits wound automatically? what better for a bunch of S3 elves? and the domination one where models just die on a 3+ with no saves of any kind? those are amazing spells. you don't have to do anything with the metal mage except cast the new spells, and you'll screw anyone over.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yeah, I guess, it is good, but the fact is that he was planning on taking a different lore but chagned to metal, which just seems a BIT coincidental against WoC, one of the most heavily armoured armies in the game.
    “The ultimate philosophical question, “Am I human or machine” is answered by many people, “I don’t care, as long as I am”
    - Myron Krueger

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightisRight View Post
    You realise that you're not allowed to do that right? I mean change the lore because of the opponent - like would you be ok if he gave all his units flaming attacks and banners and took Wulfrik to mess with your archers because he knew you'd use wood elves? Tailoring just stucks for both players in general, and almost no-one would take metal unless they were tailoring.
    With my opponent, thats what we do. I have Woodelves and he has Chaos and we wage war knowing full well what the other is likely to take.. so we optimise. It is agreed and in this circumstance it is therefore allowed.

For instance, he takes the Living Deadwood Staff to stop my Woodelves deploying inside Forests and making any use of them.. My choice of Lore of Metal appears far fairer knowing this i bet?

Im about to post a new 4k+1k list in the forum, could you guys please comment as I need to use it 2moro.

Thanks

- AJ -

+ Reply to Thread