<3000 2500 Take all comers list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

2500 Take all comers list

Dusting off wood elves in hopes of new army book soon. I can dream can't I.

Lord: Spellweaver (435)
    - general
    - level 4
    - beast
    - wand of wychelm, talisman of preservation
    - glamour kindred, unicorn

Hero: Branchwraith (115)
    - Annoyance of Netlings, Cluster of Radiance

4* Core: 12 Gladeguard (600)
    - musician

10* Core: 8 Dryads (960)

Special: 6 Treekin (390)

- You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

That's a lot of dryads. Like... wow that's a lot of Dryads.

In this case, I would suggest dropping WoWE and the Talisman, and the unicorn/glamorweave for a Rhymer's Harp and Divination Orb/Dispel Scroll. Then drop the Glade Guard into one unit of 30+ with some tertiary units if you can. Then find a way to fit a BSB with Silvered armor in there (135 points). I consider that much mandatory anymore.

Beyond that, I don't know how that many dryads would fair. They'd cause a lot of damage, but I don't know if they'd be enough to win. On the plus side, you wouldn't loose to much to magic.

I think it would be either really good or really bad xD
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

122 (x3)

I use the dryads for a multi fight system. IE 3 groups of 8 kinda act as one block, that is I line them up behind each really close so they can always charge or will be overrun into by what fights the first one. I totally expect the first unit of 8 to die after killing some stuff then the second unit may hold or die depending on what was left either way the third unit can clean up or reroute. It works well for me so far in smaller games. Not a fan of the massive archer block personally, and it just doesn't feel Wood Elfie to me. Same reason I don't like the idea of eternal guard I play and love WEs cause they are the only army that doesn't fight all blocked up, and if they make the army do that with the rewrite I will be a sad panda.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

The reason I like the archer block is that it's a good bunker for my Weaver and BSB as well as being deceptively good at holding it's ground with Beasts and the Rhymer's 5+ ward save. Not to mention that the harp also makes them very mobile because all terrain is open terrain. Fun story, I abused a crag cliff (Random hill that is dangerous terrain on the sides) with that build. Sat my archers on top, walked around when I needed to, and couldn't be charged because of the massive damage people would take between the dangerous terrain and the wall of shooting. By the time anything go to them, they essentially just mopped them up and then the survivors were charged by dryads. I still think it's wood elf-y because you'd have to think of it not as a block of infantry, but a personal guard for the weaver and banner. It's still mobile, it still shoots, and it forces your opponent to choose between going after it or the smaller units around it that may or may not be the real threat, almost like a wolf pack.

That's just my opinion, though. Smaller groups of 10-12 still work and work well. Wood Elves are one of the few (if not only) army that can still MSU.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

+ Reply to Thread