<2000 2000 point game coming up. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    115 (x6)

2000 point game coming up.

As the title says, I have a 2000 point game tomorrow against either High Elves or VC, though I'm not sure which. I'm having trouble filling out the last of my points.

Lords

Spellsweaver - 305
    Level 4 (not sure which lore yet)
    Divination Orb, Glamourweave
    I might upgrade to WoWE+Talisman

Heroes

Noble - 140
    BSB
    Armor of Destiny

Scout Noble - 148
    AHW, Light Armor, Shield
    HoDA, Healm of the Hunt
    Thinking about replacing HoDA with Spear of Twilight or Helm with Dragonhelm
    Also thinking about replacing Scout with Alter going with Spear+HotH

Core

Glade Guard x12 - 178
    Full Command
    Banner of Eternal Flame

Glade Guard x10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard x10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard Scouts x5
    Noble here

Special

Warhawk Riders x3
    Not the most competitive, but so far they've done me well. That, and I need to use up models =P

Treekin x6
    Only have 6

Rare

Great Eagle
    I only have one, or I'd use two

Treeman

This is 1941 points. I have plenty of Glade Guard I can use, but before I fill them out, I don't know if I want to change the characters around. If I go with the alter, I'll change the scouts to Dryads/10GG, if I stay with the Scout, I might add more to his unit, or upgrade the Weaver's equipment. If I stick with the Orb, I really want to try and fit a BW+Luminescents. Also, I'm not sure if I'd rather have beasts or Life because both would be fantastic in this army.

If I don't get a response before the game tomorrow, I'll let you know what I went with. Regardless, I'll let you guys know how the game was =P

40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0
    Warmahordes: Legion of Everblight (Absylonia)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by ikbuh View Post
    As the title says, I have a 2000 point game tomorrow against either High Elves or VC, though I'm not sure which. I'm having trouble filling out the last of my points.

Lords

Spellsweaver - 305
    Level 4 (not sure which lore yet)
    Divination Orb, Glamourweave
    I might upgrade to WoWE+Talisman I would go with the upgrade.

Heroes

Noble - 140
    BSB
    Armor of Destiny

Scout Noble - 148
    AHW, Light Armor, Shield
    HoDA, Healm of the Hunt
    Thinking about replacing HoDA with Spear of Twilight or Helm with Dragonhelm
    Also thinking about replacing Scout with Alter going with Spear+HotH

I would leave him a scout.

Core

Glade Guard x12 - 178
    Full Command
    Banner of Eternal Flame

Glade Guard x10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard x10 - 126
    Musician

Glade Guard Scouts x5
    Noble here

Special

Warhawk Riders x3
    Not the most competitive, but so far they've done me well. That, and I need to use up models =P

Treekin x6
    Only have 6

Rare

Great Eagle
    I only have one, or I'd use two

Treeman

This is 1941 points. I have plenty of Glade Guard I can use, but before I fill them out, I don't know if I want to change the characters around. If I go with the alter, I'll change the scouts to Dryads/10GG, if I stay with the Scout, I might add more to his unit, or upgrade the Weaver's equipment. If I stick with the Orb, I really want to try and fit a BW+Luminescents. Also, I'm not sure if I'd rather have beasts or Life because both would be fantastic in this army.

If I don't get a response before the game tomorrow, I'll let you know what I went with. Regardless, I'll let you guys know how the game was =P
    Everything else looks good.

Have a great game,
    SirKently
    I am right 94% of the time, why worry about the other 3%.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Alright, sounds good. Would you keep the Scout Noble as HoDA+HotH? I'm at 1998 at the moment, so I can actually drop the Helm to a Dragon Helm and put another GG somewhere.
    40k: Silver Angels of Our Martyred Lady 7/2/3 - Daemons of the Great Squiggle! 3/1/0
    Fantasy: Windhost of Athel'Loren 2/0/0 - Daemons of Another Great Squiggle! 0/0/0

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    494 (x8)

Seems reasonable. The helm probably won't gain you much. The more arrows the better.

SirKentlly

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

Last thing, which lore do you think would be best? I love beasts, but I'm leaning towards Life atm for Dwellers/Rerowth against VC/HE

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

494 (x8)

I would go with life. Beasts is more character centric, and you don't have the characters in this list to support it.

SirKently

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

115 (x6)

I didn't really matter what I picked, because none of my spells really went off xD

Here are some highlights: The story of the game was I had really good winds of magic, and he had really bad winds of magic, and we both had really good dispel rolls. Throne was up the whole game and dwellers was scrolled, beyond that, he managed to match me with really nice rolls, including a double 6 on 3 dice. Beyond that, I managed to lure him into sending some cavalry to face my vanguarded War Hawks and then flew over them and ignored them completely. His varghouls flew into a unit of 10 GG, wiped them out and slammed into the treekin right behind them who in turn wiped them out. My eagle tied up some ghouls until the treeman hit their side and then my treekin plowed into the side of his battle bunker, which lead to the demise of more than a few characters. The cavalry from the beginning of the game finally caught up and plowed into a unit that couldn't quite divert them enough to have them avoid my Weaver and glade guard who were wiped out. The end of the game had me on top with two treekin, the treeman, the noble (13 wounds from HoDA), and his scouts. All he had left was his knights and character, which gave me a victory by some 500+ points.

Not the best of reports, but that was the game in a nutshell. =)

+ Reply to Thread