<2000 1500 points friendly list wood elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 points friendly list wood elves

hey guys i am still relatively new to warhammer but i want to build a small army of wood elves so i made up this points list to see what you guys think. its built around a battilion box with a few added bits.

highborn
    spellsinger
    3 units of 12 gladeguard
    1 unit of 11 gladeguard
    8 glade riders
    12 dryads
    3 tree kin
    5 waywatchers

the highborn will have the bow of loren and light armour and shield. he will also be part of the unit of 11 gladeguard. the spellsinger will be upgraded to lvl 2

Last edited by padie15; February 27th, 2012 at 22:50.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok i have a few points,

- since spellsingers can only have the lore of athel loren, it will not really help your army. at least you have to take a lvl 3 or maybe a lvl 4, so you can run the lore of life or beasts.
    - make the highborn a noble. you need the pionts for your wizard. besides wood elves do not really depend on the generals leadership and he has only 4 shots for 186 points.
    - drop the glade riders, the cant prevent the enemy from marching anymore and they are too vulnerable for 24 points each. instead take an additional 3 treekin.
    - i would swap the waywachers for 2 eagles.

a fun thing you can do is make your noble a wild rider, put him on a great stag, give it helm of the hunt and spear of twilight an put it in a unit of 5 treekin

i hope i helped.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The above suggestions are very good and does improve your list. But for a friendly game and especially if your opponent is also new, I think your list is fine since you built it mostly from a battalion box. Don't fret too much about getting your army list perfect right in the beginning. At least this way you are able to learn first hand why glade riders are used less now and the reason level three mages are used instead of level one mages.
    If you do keep the highborn, adding Arcane Bodkins is commonly combined with Bow of Loren.

Sidewinder

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cool thanks guys those suggestions have given me a bit to think about. I think i will play at least 1 game with the glade riders and see why every1 hates playing them. if i make my spellsinger lvl3 and the highborn a noble can he still be my general because with the oppourtunity of the spellweaver blowing himself up im not sure if i like the idea of her being my general??

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    31 (x1)

Your wizards rarely blow themselves up, chances are they are going to get killed in CC by some magehunters. Anyhow my point was, the risk of getting your wizard entirely blown up are very very small, I've only experienced it once in all the games I've played.
    That means Sir Isaac Newton is the deadliest-son-of-a-bitch in space!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha nice ya i was looking at the book again and i decided that it would be best if i made him my general. thanks for all the help though

+ Reply to Thread