1000 pt WE - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1000 pt WE

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

1000 pt WE

My 1st ever list that I hope to field this weekend...

Noble w./ lt armor, shield, hunter's talon, and fimbulwinter's shard

Spellsinger, lvl 2, ranu's heartstone, glamourweave

glade guard x 10, full command, Saemrath banner

glade guard x 10, full command

glade riders x 5, champion

dryads x 11

waywatchers x 5, champion

1000 pts on the head, unless my math is wrong.... :huh:

The plan is to avoid contact with the enemy as much as possible and use intense missile fire to break them...concentrate on a few units, cause panic

I also thought about using wardancers instead of waywatchers, and reducing the number of dryads, but then I figured that, other than the dryads, who should avoid combat until units have been thinned out, nobody should be in contact, so why have wardancers?

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    86 (x4)

I like your list. It has a similar concept as the one I intend to field.

One change you might consider is to lose the full command on your Glade Guard units.

Musicians are good because, if you decide to flee from a charge rather than stand and shoot, you get a +1 to try and rally in the next turn.

The Champion is okay because he is a slightly better shot than the other Glade Guards.

The Banner is usually not a good decision to take, as if you do get hit by a charge, you'll probably lose (you go last, you most likely have no ranks-whereas the enemy probably has two or three, and you'll probably take horrendous casualties because Elves are T3 with no armor; the +1 Combat Res from the Banner likely won't make a difference.).

So, when your Glade Guard lose combat (majority of the time), and then break, if you get overrun, you give your opponent the cost of the unit, plus a free 100 points for a captured Banner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't like it. Not a single thing except the characters. This is absolutely not the way GW wants you to play the Woodies. You're using exactly the same tactic like the edition before, and that's not good at all, and it won't win you the game. I'd say some more variety. Make 1 big unit of Glade Guard, say of 20.

Add Wardancers, Wild Riders, and more variety to the Core troops. Believe, you not making it with meager ranks of Glade Guards

Cheers,
    -MVC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Well, I'm not too concerned with how GW "wants" me to play the army.

Certainly, the army's been built for more CC than before. Take into account that I've never played a shooting army before. Also, I'm limited by what models came with the army box. I considered wardancers instead of waywatchers but knew that the dryads wouldn't be entering combat until opposing ranks were thinned out by missile fire. As WD would be the only combat unit besides D, I didn't see them as useful. Plus, it was my first attempt at a list.

I played two games with the list last night, one against dwarfs and the other against orcs and goblins. I lost the shooting contest to the dwarfs but the dryads were beautiful, taking out an ogre dogs of war unit. The waywatchers did well confusing the enemy and hunting his lone dwarf character. The glade riders were fair. But when it came down to the end, I was toast, almost to a model.

Against O&G things went much better. His army did a bit of self-deconstruction, but I brought down his giant early and the dryads stole the show again. Despite losing my spellsinger early, the shooting and a single round of combat decimated his army, except for a lone shaman.

After playing the list, I knew that I wanted to drop the WW for WD and probably put the noble into the WD unit. Giving him a murder of sprites and something else (fimbulwinter shard, elynett's brooch, annoyance of netlings, or pageant of shrikes?).

Also, like Mobius said, the standards were a bit needless. Still, I like the one that march blocks 12".

I might drop the glade riders. They're such soft targets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People tend to say Treekin, Wardancers, and Wild Riders are the murder machines now.

So how did those Glade Guards go in CC? Were they suberb, medium good, or bad?

Cheers,,
    -MvC

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Mannfred von Carstein
    So how did those Glade Guards go in CC? Were they suberb, medium good, or bad?
    By the time they got into combat there was only a lone Orc general left, and he broke from combat and ran. Later today I'm running a 1500 pt list, proxying in GG for EG. I'll post how that went in the 1500-list thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I would not bother with full comnad on 10 man units of glade guard, they just won't make it if they face an infantry block.

I would try to keep dryads to 8 strong, as 11 gets really hard to avoid and sneak around the battlefield.

Other than that, doesn't even look like you use the new armylist ^_^
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread