[1000] no magic :) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1000] no magic :)

ok this is pretty much a revised list i redid once i found i disliked our mages.

Noble-BSB, Amantharine Brooch, Wild Fire blades (cause BSB cant have non magical weapons)
    135pts

Noble-Wild rider, Chrystal Mere, Elven Steed
    152pts

8 Dryads
    96pts

8Dryads
    96pts

22 Eternal Guard- Full com
    294pts

7 Wild Riders-full com
    218pts

i think the extra guys i got from taking my mage out will help considerably.

but tell me what you guys think of it, and if theirs anything wrong tell me what to change.

also i got 9 pts left over if you have any ideas on what to do with them id appriciate it.

When you combine Speed and Power you get Lightning.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

Er...

I thought it was that they couldn't have magical weapons.

I guess I'll have to re-read that...

Either way, I'm almost positive that they can't use any weapons that require two hands, and I'm pretty sure that the Blades do (since they count as a pair of hand weapons).

On the other hand, I remember reading in the big rule book that magical weapons don't suffer from any penalties associated with their mundane versions, so...well, I'd better just look through the book when I have it in front of me again.

Other than that, it looks decent, if a bit concentrated. The dryads help out with that, but honestly I think you'd do better if you dropped them and a pair of Guard and got 20 Glade Guard. Give you some ranged killing power, and they'll do almost as well at supporting your guard or wildriders in melee (they don't have to do much, just flank and get rid of the rank bonus, which is well within their abilities if another unit is holding the middle.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Bean is right. A standard bearer can't take a shield or additional hand weapon. He's busy with the battle standard.

You can have magical items on the BSB, but only under certain circumstances. If his banner is mundane, it gets the usual BSB benefits and gives the usual CR bonus, and the bearer can take magical items, like armor or a talisman. Or you can give him a magical battle standard, in which case he can not take anything magical, regardless of what points he may have left.

I agree with Bean also that you should take some GG for shooting. Consider dropping to 5 wild riders. A five man front is a pretty good flanking number, and two more won't provide a rank bonus.

Two units of 8 dryads or one unit of 10+? That's one way to buy some points back and still have the hitting power of the dryads.

This army you've built is all combat, but I don't know if I'd forego the shooting. At the very least it distracts the enemy. If you don't want GG, maybe at least some scouts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    -61 (x0)

Two notes: No matter how many Wild Riders you have, you won't get rank bonuses--they're fast cavalry and fast cav don't get rank bonuses ever. However, they do cause fear on the charge, so if they manage to outnumber someone (unlikely even with seven guys) that's worth it.

Also, you unfortunately can't take Glade Guard Scouts without taking Glade Guard. You can't have more units upgraded to scouts than you have un-upgraded units.

However, if you just want a little bit of skirmishing fire-power, take some Waywatchers. They're a bit pricier than scouts, but well worth it in terms of their damage dealing capability. Five makes for a pretty worthwhile investment of 120 points, especially considering that five scouts is only 35 points less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is nothing wrong with his BSB. In the rule book, it says nothing about carrying a two handed weapon or anything. Since he doesn't have a magical banner, he can have magical weapons. Nowhere that I could find does it say that there is a restriction to how many hands you can use(besides only having 2 hands ). It only says that you cannot take any extra non-magical weapon or a shield.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

This is true, as long as the BSB doesn't have a magical banner, he can have any magical item, including weapons.

I would loose him personnally, as I don't think the wood elves need a BSB du tot he mroe skirmishing/guerilla type of army we have, we choose the fights, unlike hordes who need it.

Round you units proprely, either 5 or 10 Wild Riders, 20 or 25 Eternal Guard, and so on, this could free up big points for you.

I would give the spear of twilight to the wild rider noble.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by aufde
    There is nothing wrong with his BSB. In the rule book, it says nothing about carrying a two handed weapon or anything. Since he doesn't have a magical banner, he can have magical weapons. Nowhere that I could find does it say that there is a restriction to how many hands you can use(besides only having 2 hands ). It only says that you cannot take any extra non-magical weapon or a shield.
    Here's what Dire Wolves FAQ has on it:
    Q. Does a character have to have the option of a mundane version of a
    magic item (like a shield) in his army list entry in order to take a
    magical version?

A. A character who may not take normal armour (ie, has no option for
    normal armour in his army list entry) may not wear magic armour. A
    Battle Standard Bearer who can’t have a normal shield can’t take a
    magical shield. Similarly, a Battle Standard Bearer is not allowed to
    take magical weapons that require two hands.

However, note that these last two are specific restrictions for
    Battle Standard Bearers – a character who does not normally have the
    option for a great weapon could still take a magic weapon that
    requires two hands to use, for example. The same goes for ranged
    magic weapons – you don’t necessarily need a mundane missile weapon
    option to take one. Only Wizards can take Arcane items. Some
    characters (such as Slann Mage-Priests, or Dwarf Daemon Slayers) may
    have additional restrictions or allowances.
    S. Warhammer Chronicles 2004, page 116.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the dire wolves FAQ Online? I don't have a chronicles, so I have never seen this. I would like to read it for future reference.
    <-- that room over there in my avatar is full of people who think you are funny...BURN...

"There are some who call me...Tim?" - Tim the Enchanter

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

Yes, it's online. Go to the tactics forum and look for the sticky posted by King Ulric.

Also see p. 53 of the WE army book and look at the description for the battle standard bearer in the right column. The BSB has no longbow, cannot take any additional non-magical hand weapons, can't use a shield, nor be a member of any kindred. And he has the magical restrictions we've already noted. I think you already mentioned this passage, so I guess it means that he could, for example, take the twin flaming blades or a magical great weapon?

+ Reply to Thread