1500 pts of Wood Elf Madness! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

1500 pts of Wood Elf Madness!

Okay, I'll admit that I'm a little trepidatious about putting a list up here. Everyone has such different opinions about what does and doesn't work, about what should and shouldn't be fielded; and everybody gets a bit heated about it. Nonetheless, I'm putting this up for suggestions.

Keep in mind that I'm fielding what models I have and not proxying anything. This will run against the dreaded cult of slaneesh.

Characters
    Wardancer Noble with blades of Loec (or moonstone of hidden ways?).

Alter Noble with shield, hail of doom arrow, and briarsheath (the briarsheath seems made for this guy alone, but I'm wondering how good an alter noble is--I mean, an alter highborn properly suited would be awesome, but a noble's limited magic allowance makes him, well, limited)

Branchwraith, level 1, cluster of radiants, pageant of shrikes (I'm trying out different combos of spites--I don't expect an effective magic phase, but I want the dispel power so that's why level 1 and radiants--the pageant should be a nasty surprise from a skirmishing character who can see 360)

Core
    Dryads x 8
    Dryads x 8
    GG x 10
    GG x 10
    GG x 10
    Scouts x 6, musician, standard bearer, banner of the zenith (musician in case opponent's bolt throwers make them flee, or if they end up in combat and beat it)

Special
    Wardancers x 6, musician

Treekin x 3

That's around 1459 points.

I hope the scouts with their wily banner will slow down his marauderes, daemonettes, and chaos warriors significantly, allowing my archers to have plenty of time to shoot.

The treekin will be an anchor unit. I'd love to pull a little trick where it seems the dryads will be flanking and the treekin taking (or, hopefully, giving) the charge. But then switch it so that the treekin hit the flank. That could be devastating.

One unit of dryads can team with the tree kin. The others can team with the wardancers. Or all four can work together and smack the crap out of one unit at a time, which seems risky and unlikely to work.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Wardancers are a great choice (blades of Loec for that matter)

You might want a bit of fast cavalry, do you have any glade riders or wild riders? Getting to negate ranks on a flank to make up for the lack of solid rank and file trooos will be important.

I'd make the Alter kindred Noble a challenge caracter, with the annoyance of netlings, murder of spites or helm of the hunt and a great weapon. Or a wild rider kindred equiped the same.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Good point, maybe if I drop one unit of GG and go to two units of 12 or so, then I could add 5 glade riders.

I also have the hawk riders that came with the army box, which would be good for those bolt throwers, but they seem rather limited for other purposes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

tue hit and run is a powerful ability when used properly.

they could be used to peck the marauders on foot or horsemen, in and out, or deamonettes for that matter.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread