2000 pt against CoS - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

2000 pt against CoS

I'm using the models I have and the only proxy is WW models as GG scouts.

CHARACTERS
    Highborn, alter, great weapon, shield, oaken armor, hunter's talon, pageant of shrikes (289)

Spellsinger, lvl 2, ranu's heartstone, dispell scroll (170)

Noble, bsb, lt armor, fimbulwinter's shard, murder of spites, EG kindred (147)

CORE
    GG X 10, mus, sb, banner of aech (163)

Dryads X 8 (96)
    Dryads X 8 (96)

GR x 5, mus (147)

Scouts x 6, sb, banner of saemrath (139)

SPECIAL
    Wardancers X 6, mus, champ (129)

Warhawk Riders x 3 (140)

Eternal Guard x 16, mus, sb, champ, banner of faoghir (272)

Treekin x 4 (260)

TOTAL = 2008

Where can I trim eight points? Any ideas for fighting CoS?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I wouldn't bother with a SB in the glade guard unit. And I also don't think the magical banners are worth picking up either, asides for a warbanner and banner of the Zenith.

I wouldn't make a alter highborn unless for the bow of loren/arcane bodkins combo. I would rather the annoyance of netlings than the pageant of Shrikes. The hunter's talon sure can hit, but not effectively wound.

A BSB? all your units have standard, and I don't think he'll be that needed. Also a BSB cannot be a member of any kindreds.

Keep that spell singer Lv 1, 2 dispell scrolls if he goes magic.

As a whole, I would try to rethink the caracters they might end up ineffective.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Yeah, I'm not sure about the list as a whole. I need EG models so that I could trim off points here and there and field more GG. I don't know how successful the list will be.

I had the same thought about the Spellsinger. I don't know how much good a lvl 2 will be.

Those damned bolt throwers always get me, so I was going to send the alter kindred after them. With his bow and the shrikes, he should be able to pick off crew members.

Tne nobles not a bsb. My mistake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Here's a wierd thought coming from me but here it goes: why not use waywatchers? when think about CoS all I see it the bolt throwers and repeater crossbows, and they'll do great screening for you if you use thier special setup right in front of them. ( minimum -2 for BTs, other at -3 multiple shots, -4 long range, -5 if they move.)

Thier 2 hand weapons will take the fight to them as well, just choose well.

I would trade in the treekin for some wild riders, thier speed will snap units form afar, the treekin might chase shadows with all those skirmishing units they get.

the scouts might get picked off by those skirmishing units too, and you can't march block skirmishers either.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well i cant tell you anything realy other than since your army is lead by a high born the EG are a core unit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

An alter noble can't be the army general.

Here's a new list
    Wardancer highborn, gen, moonstone hidden ways, fimbulwinter shard, blades of loec (290)
    Eternal Noble, murder of spites (105)
    Spellsinger, lvl 1, 2 dispel scrolls (140)

Glade Guard, 13, banner of springtide (181)
    Eternal Guard, 16, full command, faoghir (272)
    Dryads 8 (96)
    Dryads 8 (96)
    Scouts, 6, Saemrath (127)

Wardancers 6, mus, champ (129)
    Warhawk riders, 3 (120)
    Treekin, 4 (260)
    Glade Riders, 7, champ, mus (186)

2002 points, 3 casting, 3 dispel, 74 models

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    I'm using the models I have and the only proxy is WW models as GG scouts.

CHARACTERS
    Highborn, alter, great weapon, shield, oaken armor, hunter's talon, pageant of shrikes (289)

Spellsinger, lvl 2, ranu's heartstone, dispell scroll (170)

Noble, bsb, lt armor, fimbulwinter's shard, murder of spites, EG kindred (147)

CORE
    GG X 10, mus, sb, banner of aech (163)

Dryads X 8 (96)
    Dryads X 8 (96)

GR x 5, mus (147)

Scouts x 6, sb, banner of saemrath (139)

SPECIAL
    Wardancers X 6, mus, champ (129)

Warhawk Riders x 3 (140)

Eternal Guard x 16, mus, sb, champ, banner of faoghir (272)

Treekin x 4 (260)

TOTAL = 2008

Where can I trim eight points? Any ideas for fighting CoS?
    I would recommend just using 6 waywatchers instead of 6 scouts with the banners and so on. I personally think the Banner of Saemrath is a little overrated, and the usefullness of waywatchers is a little underrated. It would be 5 points more expensive.

Drop Ranu's Heartstone. It truly is almost a useless item, and the points could be better spent elsewhere, such as another dispel scroll (you need some more magic defense.).

4 treekin may work out well, as against anything with a rank of 4 or higher will get the full wrath, and it helps them survive to see the fight.

Your math on the Glade riders is a little off, it should be 129 points for what you have listed, this gives you more points to spend.

Your math on the warhawks is over by 20 points (unless you gave them a champion and just didn't list it.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1283 (x8)

I ran the second list and got creamed. It started out poorly, momentarily got better, and then went downhill. I blame it mostly on myself. I was a bit hungover and not with it. I misplaced my scouts who were wiped out in the first turn (in the last five games I've played with this guy, he's won first move...and that's a big deal when it's cult of slaneesh vs. WE, both shooty armies). I forgot to move my wardancers with the moonstone.

Glade Riders charged forward, let loose on the exposed sorceress, and got just one wound before being wiped out the next turn. They could never pass a leadership test to overcome the witche's mark of don't shoot me or something.

Treekin got a frontal charge on chaos warriors who had pursued fleeing dryads. Eternal guard got into the side of the warriors, with the banner of the dwindling. They kicked butt and ran down the warriors.

Then everybody got their butts kicked. Wardancers almost held out against a unit of marauders, but I couldn't buy a leadership save. I needed a nine, I rolled a 10. I failed those damned saves all day long. I want my VC back!

Eternal guard were frozen for three rounds by enrapturing spasms, just soaking up missile fire. It was sickening.

Dryads fought, did okay, and then ran. Glade Guard were tied up with harpies because they could only kill two shooting the previous turn, two more on the charge, and so on.

Warhawks did their job taking out the bolt throwers.

Treekin did well. Tied up witch elves in the flank but could never break them.

Then we played a 1000 pt game, WE vs his lizardmen. Then I won solidly. Treekin and dryads kicked saurus butt. Skinks ran away. Salamanders caused some grief. Hail of doom arrow, I'm a believer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I guess you had a bad day for your rolls, this always happens on on very tough games. Glad the treekin did good for you, sometimes you can get disapionte by their high cost.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread