2000pt Will o' the Wisp Wood Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pt Will o' the Wisp Wood Elves

Alright, I'm jumping on the WE bandwagon with my little army. I wanted to make a fast, maneuverable list and very visual unique. I've never done a points denial army yet, and I was a bit worried about the list generally. Any pointers about the list or general points denial armies.

Anyway, on with the list.
    Lords
    Spellweaver
    Level 4 Wizard
    Wand of Wych Elm
    Elven Steed
    323pts

Heroes
    Noble
    Alter Kindred
    Bow of Loren
    135pts

Noble
    Waywatcher Kindred
    A Blight of Terrors
    160pts

Core Units
    5 Glade Riders
    Musician
    129pts

5 Glade Riders
    Musician
    129pts

5 Glade Riders
    Musician
    129pts

8 Dryads
    96pts

Special Units
    5 Warhawk Riders
    200pts

5 Warhawk Riders
    200pts

5 Wild Riders
    Musician
    130pts

5 Wild Riders
    Musician
    130pts

Rare Units
    5 Waywatchers
    120pts

5 Waywatchers
    120pts

2001pts

I can cut down to 2000 by taking out one of the Musicians from the Glade Riders, or changing the Alter's Spear of Twilight to a Murder of Spites.

The general plan was to have the Wizard try and keep out of trouble and provide magical support/defense (I may swap the Wand of the Wych Elm for a couple of Dispel Scrolls). The Two Nobles are running disruption and assassination, the GE Noble using his Terror while the Alter hunts warmachines/enemy wizards. The rest of the army will do the best it can to cause as much damage as possible while recieving as little.

Thoughts? Comments?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I don't hink a single Lv 4 wizrd would cut throught dispell dice and scrolls without the support hero level spellcasters.

The bow of loren works best on a highborn, give him the arcane bodkins and trounce those knights.

The waywatcher hero could either turn into a wildrider hero with annoyance of netlings, or give him the hail of doom arrow.

trade in a unit of waywatcher units for a unit of scouts (this would imply using a unit of glade guard) and give the the banner of the zenith, you march block to a really wide range, and make your units even harder to catch.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

+ Reply to Thread