[1000] Wood Elves - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

[1000] Wood Elves

This is an all elf list designed for friendly play.

Hero

Wardancer Noble+Fimbulwinter shard (130)
    1 Lvl 1 Spellsinger+Elven Steed (102)

Core

12 Glade Guards (120)
    12 Glade Guards (120)
    6 Glade Riders+Horse Master+Musician (162)

Special

10 Wardancers+Bladesinger (194)
    12 Eternal Guards+Guardian+Musician (162)

TOTAL=990

Right basically this list is supposed to be balanced and the wardancer noble obviously joins the wardancer unit. The rest you can pretty much work out. Any ideas?

A billion chinese can't be wrong - eat rice.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I think the list is a bit limited. You have ample archery, but if terrain (like lots of wood, common on WE battlefields) impedes their LoS, then you're screwed. I'd drop one unit.

As your list stands, you have lots of wardancers and minimal eternal guard. I'd drop to 6 wardancers and add more eternal guard instead. And with the freed-up points from the dropped GG, I'd buy another combat unit. Your army banks on the WD and EG working in unison, but that will let you engage only one enemy unit with a frontal charge from the EG and a flank from the WD. Why not have some dryads to harass another unit, or at least slow it down?

I'm split on taking any upgrades to a GR unit. The musician is only good if they flee, which may be likely depending on how you use them, and the horsemaster simply adds one point of BS. I'd definitely drop the horsemaster. I'm keener on taking musicians in units like wardancers and glade riders as I can see them fleeing a combat, intentionally or otherwise, and needing to rally (and we've all failed those damned rally tests, even against LD 8 or 9).

Why did you decide to mount the spellsinger? And what good is she at lvl 1? Let her hide in the woods with a dispel scroll or two. As a level one caster with just three power dice to her name, her offensive magic phase is nil, and three dispel dice aint much either. A scroll or two will allow your forces to engage the enemy and avoid the first round or two of magic damage.

I feel a bit iffy giving advice as I find building a workable WE army difficult. I'm used to having both combat prowess and magical ability with my Vampire Counts, but now it seems I must take one or the other with WE. Of course a spellsinger with a branchwraith and fighting noble might mean otherwise. Still, it's a weird army to put together.

So anyhow, that's what I think. Does anyone else out there have some ideas?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'll give it a try, but it's my first try though:

Hero

I don't know what the shard does (don't have the book yet), but a lot of people seem to use the blades of loec, you might wanna consider it

1 Lvl 1 Spellsinger+Elven Steed (102)
    does this one have a dispel scroll or something?(it should) I think the points cost isn't correct if it doesn't have one

Core

12 Glade Guards (120)
    12 Glade Guards (120)
    120 points makes 10 guard, not 12

6 Glade Riders+Horse Master+Musician (162)
    Horsemaster isn't neccesary, so if you need extra points, drop him. other than that, good choice

Special

10 Wardancers+Bladesinger (194)
    again, the champion isn't neccesary, but if you like him, keep him. like stated above, i would make the unit a little smaller.(they don't get ranks anyway)

12 Eternal Guards+Guardian+Musician (162)
    I wouldn't use these without a noble in them, because stubborn is what makes them good
    also, I would try to make it bigger(15-16)

With the left over points you could go for a scout unit (or waywatchers if you face a lot of armour troops), or another CC units, like 2 units of 6 wardancers instead of one of 10...
    Another idea is to change the noble to eternal kindred, so that they become stubborn. (and he gets an armour save if I'm not mistaking)
    other than that, good list

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Right, revised list...by the way I'm a big fan of wardancers so I think I'll keep the wardancer hero and wardancers. I've tried to implement as many of your suggestions as possible as I see fit.

Hero

Lvl 2 Spellsinger (125)

Core

10 Glade Guards (120)
    10 Glade Guards (120)
    6 Glade Riders (144)

Special

10 Wardancers (180)
    14 Eternal Guards+Musician (174)

TOTAL=993

I think that the glade guard would just sit back and let the enemy come to them while being protected by the wardancers and eternal guard as soon as the enemy gets close. The glade riders take out any weak long range unit from behind enemy lines and the spellsinger is for support. Any queries?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lose on unit of glade guard to gain 2 more ethernal gaurds and try using drayds instead of those horses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

basically drop at least some of the archers( i personally field none) and get some dryads they are one of the best skirmishing units in the game
    i didnt do it it was him 'onest boss

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

In a 1000 pt game, I'd also drop the second unit of GG for something else. I'd want another flanking unit, or scouts or even waywatchers if you really want shooting.

Xuy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Ok thanks!

+ Reply to Thread