2k WE army(msu) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2k WE army(msu)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k WE army(msu)

High Born, Wild rider kindred, Spear of Twilight, Armour of the Fey, Amaranthine Shard/Jewel(cant recall...)
    Noble, Alter kindred, helm of the hunt, annoyance of netlings, greatweapon, light armour
    spellsinger, level 2, dispel scroll
    spellsinger, level 2, dispel scroll
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    8 Dryads
    5 Glade Riders, Musician
    5 Glade Riders, Musician
    5 Glade Riders, Musician
    5 Wild riders, Champion
    3 Warhawk riders
    7 Wardancers, command
    7 Wardancers, command
    2 Eagles

this should be around 2000 points, now gimme input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might have forgotten something if the list comes out too short, so again, input

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you need some ranked up units for all those skirmishers and fast cavalry to work around.
    i would suggest a unit of eg or 2 and as much as i hate to say it gg(i hate shooty wood elf armies) you have done really well though to avoid the lure of massed gg
    i didnt do it it was him 'onest boss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ranked units? hah, i think not, that is the point of the army to not have them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

I wouls trade in the eagles for some waywatchers, much more effect on march blocking from the start, and great to hunt down enemy mages.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack
    I wouls trade in the eagles for some waywatchers, much more effect on march blocking from the start, and great to hunt down enemy mages.
    Dropping two eagles doesn't free up enough points for even five waywatchers. As points are so tight, I think two eagles can do really well. They each move independently and can march block as soon as they gain movement. You could deploy them far apart to distract the enemy, or use them in tandem for a powerful assault.

It's not often I disagree with you Wolf_Pack, but I think I'd stick to the eagles. :yes:

I think a good alternative would be to drop the warhawk riders for some waywatchers. That'd free up enough points for five, and they'd complete the preemptive march block that Wolf_Pack wisely suggests. Also, you already have two stout flyers on the table with the eagles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    I think a good alternative would be to drop the warhawk riders for some waywatchers. That'd free up enough points for five, and they'd complete the preemptive march block that Wolf_Pack wisely suggests. Also, you already have two stout flyers on the table with the eagles.
    Eagles are no longer 2 for 1 Rare Choice, but rather take up an entire rare slot, so he'd still have to drop an eagle to get thewaywatchers.
    Last edited by OmnipotentKiwi; October 16th, 2005 at 20:41.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Okay, you're right. So drop one eagle and the warhawk riders. You'll have enough points for a slightly larger WW unit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at your army list I think you would be better off swapping those wardancers for a unit or two of wildriders. Theyre very aggresive, and I think would go perfectly with your army. However if you prefer nothing but elves (apart from dryads, whos stats are too cool to ignore) I would get rid of the wardancers and have a couple of units of Glade Guard. I find them really useful as they can be picking off the enemy from up on a hill to soften them up for your more powerful units.

I also really like treekin, they can rip apart most units. Treemen are just the same, although they cant go charging into a unit on their own whereas treekin can (with more weak units).

Nice list, I can just imagine all those Glade Riders riding round the back of the enemy army, peppering them with arrows and slowing them down.

+ Reply to Thread