WE 1000 point's list, attempt No 1. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE 1000 point's list, attempt No 1.

Hey folk's!

For my first post (), I'd like to run this small list past you, to see if any of you more experienced player's have any minor tweak's, changes or tip's for it and me!

Hero (General): WE Noble, Great weapon, Eternal Kindred and Annoyance of Netling's.
    109 point's.

Core: 8x Glade Guard, Scout's rule. 136 point's.

Core: 12 x Glade Guard. 144 point's.

Core: 8x Dryad's. 96 point's.

Core: 8x Dryad's. 96 point's.

Special: 3x Tree Kin, 195 point's. (Is this too cheese for a small army?)

Rare: 8x Way Watcher's with shadow Sentinel. 200 point's.

976 point's for 48 model's.

Any suggestion's good people?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Welcome to LO, Axionknight!

The first thing I notice is that your noble is of the eternal kindred, but there are no eternal guard on the list. Sure, he could scramble around with the glade guard, but he can't scout with the waywatchers unless he's given the scout kindred or waywatcher kindred. So the EG kindred on him doesn't make much sense to me.

How about making him a waywatcher and them outfitting him with the hail of doom arrow. When launching that arrow, he'd lose the killing blow, but before and afterwards he could killing blow himself 'til he's happy.

I like the dryads and glade guard.

I'd drop to just two treekin. They're rock solid and should hold up pretty well at 1000 pts with just two. The only other concern I have about the TK is how you intend to use them. You could use them in tandem with the dryads, but if you want to use a tricky army build, but a fun one, you could swap them for wardancers and have a lot of skirmishers/ambushers.

So I guess I'd tweak the noble to match the list and then consdier what you want the TK to do and if they're the best fit for your list.

Hope that helped! There are a lot of good generals on here for WEs so I'm sure you'll get some more, and likely better, advice soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It did help, cheer's!

After some searching and pondering, I'm definatly going to take you're advice on the Hero, but drop the Shadow Sentinal from the squad for him.

I checked the book and the minimum unit of Treekin is three per unit (max is twelve I think), but to be honest, I think I might stick with them - it may just give opponent's something to get distracted with (toughness five and three wound's cant be sniffed at), plus, it's a bit more fear!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by axionknight
    I checked the book and the minimum unit of Treekin is three per unit (max is twelve I think), but to be honest, I think I might stick with them - it may just give opponent's something to get distracted with (toughness five and three wound's cant be sniffed at), plus, it's a bit more fear!
    Yeah, I totally spaced out on that. I'm used to my spirit hosts with VC and taking one to three. Treekin are awesome and should kick butt for you.

+ Reply to Thread