[2000] Asrai Winter Wardancers - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

[2000] Asrai Winter Wardancers

As some may, I'm trying out lists on all armies. Time has come for the Asrai.
    Previously I hated Wardancers, they just looked like a cross between hippies and punks gone native. But those new models... especially the Wardancer Highborn and the Bladesinger model, fantastic. Just with the rest of the new WE.
    It took me some time finding out what kind of an army I wanted to compose (wanted an ambush army first, but it didn't work out), but here I am.

Wardancer Highborn (255)
    Blades of Loec
    An Annoyance of Netlings

Wardancer Noble (140)
    Moonstone of the Hidden Path

Eternal Kindred Noble (110)
    Hail of Doom Arrow

Spellsinger (140)
    2x Dispel Scroll

15 Eternal Guard (210)
    full command

10 Glade Guard (126)
    musician

10 Glade Guard (126)
    musician

5 Glade Riders (129)
    musician

5 Glade Riders (129)
    musician

8 Wardancers (165)
    bladesinger, musician

7 Wardancers (147)
    bladesinger, musician

5 Waywatchers (120)

= 1997

As you can see, it's focused on and led by Wardancers. Supported by few kinbands and a group of Waywatchers. And winter is coming, Forest Spirits out and Eternal Guard in.
    Which character joins which unit directs itself.
    What do you think?

Tai'shar

Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    150 (x8)

Nice list, fast and hard to catch.

I think you could go with a secnd unit of eternal guard IMO, wardancers fare well without caracters, you could reinvest the highborn or noble into an eternal to fallow that unit as well, 2 stubborn units are too sweet of a theme.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

I'm too tired to really respond right now, but the list makes me wonder one thing? Does an EG noble even have a bow? I really like your wardancer combo. I've had great luck with a WD highborn. You could also consider a murder of spites on him. It'd provide a pile of attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

Or a cluster of radiance to get that extra dispell dice.

I think he still does but need to use nothing in combat to benefit from the Eternal kindred. You also don't need to be eternal kindred to join a unit of eternal guard too.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Pack

I think he still does but need to use nothing in combat to benefit from the Eternal kindred. You also don't need to be eternal kindred to join a unit of eternal guard too.

i quite agree the only real weakness is magic in this list. For the rest: nice list!
    Good Hunting

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1283 (x8)

Can't only Branchwraiths and Treemen have a Cluster of Radiants?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    Can't only Branchwraiths and Treemen have a Cluster of Radiants?
    Yes, I think theyre the only ones who can (apart from Drycha).

I think the hail of doom arrow is a bit of waste on the eternal kindred, they lose the Eternal Guard fighting style. I think its best for a Scout noble, he can hide in the woods and then fire his 3D6 S4 hits!!!!:w00t:

I think that Eternal Guard arent worth their points, even with a noble. I find that they can hardly stand up to anything, even a unit of 20 vs a unit of 20 marauders!!!

I also think that Wardancers arent very good, they cant defend themselves from shooting. Maybe the best way to use them would be to hide them in the woods and then charge out. They are amazing in combat!:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150 (x8)

I think Wardancers do well Vs shooting, they are immune to panic, anre skirmishers, and still get a 6+ ward save.

I have a hard time seeing the eternal guard loosing out to marauders, they get 15 attacks at WS5 S3 with a 5 wide( if not 6-7 wide totake the charge of the marauder's bigger bases with a reform) frontage against the marauders 4-5. (both exclude unit champions)

They are also great for thier stubborness, they'll hold up aunit a few turns for you to get a flank charge off at tip the scale of combat.
    Best Regards,
    Wolf_Pack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

Okay...

I think you could go with a secnd unit of eternal guard IMO, wardancers fare well without caracters, you could reinvest the highborn or noble into an eternal to fallow that unit as well, 2 stubborn units are too sweet of a theme.
    2 stubborn units are great. But I wanted to focus on Wardancers. And one can't have it all. Besides, I don't want a Highborn with his spectacular Ld running loose on the other side of the battlefield. A Noble can do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidVC04
    I'm too tired to really respond right now, but the list makes me wonder one thing? Does an EG noble even have a bow? I really like your wardancer combo. I've had great luck with a WD highborn. You could also consider a murder of spites on him. It'd provide a pile of attacks.
    According to the Army Builder program an EG Noble still has a longbow. It's not that it has been ignored, for a WD Noble does lose the longbow.
    And at first I did have A Murder of Spites, but wanted some extra protection. You never know what it's good for and he does cost a lot of points.

But it does have a benifit. You can't get AND an extra attack AND a 5+ save at the same time. And it's cheaper. So that's 2 benefits.
    And it looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by pro_necron
    I think the hail of doom arrow is a bit of waste on the eternal kindred, they lose the Eternal Guard fighting style.
    Well, you can't use the EG fighting style when the enemy is on a 20" distance. But you can shoot the HoD arrow then.
    Too bad only 1 spite is admitted à character. Otherwise I'd gladly have spent the points of the HoD arrow on another spite for the Highborn.

I think Wardancers do well Vs shooting, they are immune to panic, anre skirmishers, and still get a 6+ ward save.

I have a hard time seeing the eternal guard loosing out to marauders, they get 15 attacks at WS5 S3 with a 5 wide( if not 6-7 wide totake the charge of the marauder's bigger bases with a reform) frontage against the marauders 4-5. (both exclude unit champions)

They are also great for thier stubborness, they'll hold up aunit a few turns for you to get a flank charge off at tip the scale of combat.
    And I agree on that.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread